1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Dating?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BookBandit, Aug 22, 2014.

1. BookBandit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Idk. I live in LA and really want to start dating, but I never meet any (at least, openly) lesbian or bi women here. I really hate the idea of internet dating sites and would feel so embarrassed doing that, but idk if I can be picky at this point. Opinions?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have you googled lesbian dating in your city ?

Did you have a look at lgbt centers ? They often have courses and activities...

3. dman89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i found my man when i was just in a chat room. he loved my humor and personality and we hit it off from there. I never tried online dating sites, but I guess to me finding someone online or outside happens when it happens. I wasn't searching for a boyfriend when i was in the chat room. but suddenly we just connected. hopefully you will successful in whatever method you choose :slight_smile:

4. mrGhost

Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing wrong with using online dating websites, just make sure your first meeting is in a public place full of people, since some people there might be weird.

5. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you live in or very close to la they should have lgbt youth centers and different lgbt groups available. Considering how big Los Angeles is there should be several different lgbt events too.

6. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't really had good experiences with online dating. Most of the girls on there seem boring and desperate.

7. Blossom85

I have joined a few different online dating sites, it is often at times hit and miss.. I have spoken to a few people but it always seems to come fizzle out in the end.. And when on *******, I found too many people wanting a threesome or a poly type relationship as my profile says I am bisexual and that is not what I am looking for at all.. I think if you wanna look at Internet dating, you just need to approach it with a level head and try not to be stressed if no one contacts you at first.. It takes time and sometimes a lot of time to build up courage to talk to someone.

#7 Blossom85, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  8. mangotree

How about speed dating? is that still a thing?

9. BookBandit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys. Idk. My main concern is that I don't want it to seem forced. Like, I would feel so awkward about going into something with the MAIN INTENTION being getting a girlfriend. It's just frustrating. I'm going back to college this fall, so maybe I'll meet someone there. Not likely, but a girl can hope.

10. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There are many lgbt resources for students...
    you also might take part in activities or groups with a high quota of women, for example .

Sometimes someone comes along if we just have fun ..
    Wish you much fun :slight_smile:

#10 jay777, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  11. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I haven't had any luck with internet dating. For one thing, I think women can be shy, which doesn't help! I also find it such a forced and weird environment!

Have you googled any social groups or 'meetup' groups in your area? There are some in the UK where you can sign up and then 'book' onto events, eg. going to the pub, the cinema, for a picnic or whatever - and then you turn up and meet a bunch of people. It's mainly real-life rather than online (insofar as you are only online to 'book' onto events). It's a great way to make friends, and I've also found that most people are also single (unsurprisingly). Obviously, most are straight, but it's a way of widening your social circle... which might lead to lesbians.

Good luck!

12. AlezinwondRland

I met my fiance on a dating site! She's my soulmate and my best friend. getting married in two years, starting a business and a family together abroad. I couldn't imagine life without her.

13. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I would think LA has a lot of great resources for LGBT people. However, internet dating is a good idea for introverts.