1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DeutschLieber, Aug 23, 2014.

1. DeutschLieber

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there

I'm 17 and I live in England and I go to College although rercently I've been feeling massively depressed. I'm always in the same routine of doing my homework, playing and talking online with Americans/Germans. Then usually I every now and then get drunk with myself whilst online... In my college, only three people are openly gay including myself. I don't know how I can break out of this depressed bubble and meet someone. I'm ultimately lonely and I don't know what to do to break outside of this depressing and lonely bubble.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Dakeli27

Chocolate!
    If that's not enough, get a routine of exercise. I hated the idea of it when I was feeling like shit, but once I started biking every morning, it took my mind off things and made me feel better overall. Any exercise would be good, but I think biking, jogging, etc. are the best.
    And finally, open up on EC! It's a very supportive and open environment, and it can help you get through rough times.

3. Diego89

Got any other friends or acquaintances?, regardless if they are gay or not, it seems what you are lacking is first hand social interaction in general. I've been there before and I agree routine doesn't help, but maybe you could arrange something to do with someone, even family, something to look forward every week, I don't know, like go to the movies all Wednesdays, it's a small step but it's a start.

Good luck :slight_smile:

4. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people