1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda upset...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by rhapsodic, Aug 23, 2014.

1. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is probably really stupid and I should probably just get over it but it's really bothering me... :cry:

One of my best friends had a party today that I had been looking forward to for a while. So today, when the day finally came, I was really excited, especially since I hadn't seen her or many of my other friends who were going in a while, so I'd finally get to see them all again. Before the party, I went to a salon and got my nails and eyebrows done. I spent a long while getting ready, doing my makeup and picking my outfit. When I was ready, I was feeling pretty good about myself and I thought I looked pretty nice, which is pretty rare for me, since I have a lot of confidence and self esteem issues. (I should also probably add that I suffer from depression, general anxiety and social anxiety :icon_sad:slight_smile:

So I go to the party and everything's fine until later, while I'm hanging out with some of the people at the party, and one of my friends is looking through another girl(let's call her Faith)'s phone. Faith says my friend can go through her phone as long as she doesn't read her conversation with another girl (let's call her Amelia) who was also at the party. My friend and I, out of curiosity, open the conversation and read the texts anyway. It turns out that Faith and Amelia were talking about me and they said things like "wtf is she wearing" and they were talking about how my makeup and eyebrows looked really bad and they said I had an ugly nose and they just really didn't say nice things about me. I got really upset but I tried not to show it and I just tried to laugh it off.

Later on, after most of the people left, I was talking to my friend who had hosted the party and I told her about the texts I read. She told me I looked nice and that Faith and Amelia were really judgmental, and that she was going to talk to Faith and tell her to tone it down. This sort of reassured me I guess, but I still feel kinda hurt.

I just sort of needed to let this out. I don't really know what I want you guys to say. I know I probably sound really naive and dumb, but I really don't know how to get over it. :frowning2: Some kind words and motivation would be nice.

2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

fifteen is a shit age and sometimes the only way people know how to socialize with each other is finding something in common to obsess about; too often it is a person to mutually dislike and make fun of for no reason.

I am sure u looked hella so fuck em, not literally but in the flipoing the bird kind of way. Faith and Amelia are gonna
    suck as adults with no other social skills outside of catty gossip and will become "those women" of every workplace ajd be universally disliked

i am sorry that happened and you were their target for tonight *hug*
    i know it is much easier said than done but try to laugh it off and forget it. i bet cash money u are cute :3

3. LadyRedRover

Those sound like very mean girls and I'm sorry that you had to go through something like that.

It does sound like you and your friend were a bit naïve since her saying not to look at that conversation was like saying 'oh, there's nothing in that bag!' in the movies, but regardless, that's no reason for her and her friend to be nasty.

As for encouragement and kindness, you seem like a sweet girl. It's perfectly fine to be upset and getting it out of your system is always a good thing.

I can't say whether or not you were beautiful at the party(since I wasn't there) but I can tell you that you seem pretty nice to me and that I'm sending super-kind and encouraging hugs your way :slight_smile:

4. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm sorry that happened, that's really rude of them to say and I bet you looked great so just ignore them

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

A wise man once said, if you don't have haters, you aren't living life right.

Just look at it like this. Of all the people there, they were talking about you -- that's right, you. You must have been rocking some killer swag, for them to point their scopes at you, so, take pride in that.

Finally, fuck them. Yes, it hurts to be dissed by people, but ask yourself, why does it matter what they think? They don't like you, or respect you, what is worth getting upset over?

Like others have said, I bet you looked just fine. Obviously, because you were the talk of the "cool kids".

6. Litveninko

7. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nobody talks about things that aren't in some way bothering them. Seriously. They resented that you looked good and so tried to amuse themselves by talking shit. Basic psychology, sadly.

8. anniesims

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Girls at that age can be obnoxious! They cant feel good about themselves unless they are tearing someone else down. Usually its jealousy. Hang in there Im sure you looked great and they knew it. People seem to be able to zero in on people who have anxieties or low self esteem. I hate to say those girls still exist as you get older but its easier to have a "f them attitude" distance yourself from those kind of people as much as you can. They suck the happiness out of everyone!