1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed and need help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Incognito10, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Incognito10

I am very depressed and have been all my life with certain flare up times. I've tried a myriad of antidepressants and nothing seems to get me to lead a "normal" life. In addition, I have OCD fueling certain destructive thought patterns and I am really afraid it is going to ruin my relationship. I've overcome some hurdles in my life (to include some events that made me suicidal several years ago) but I am not sure I'll ever be able to overcome this depression. I feel so hopeless in this. :frowning2:

Does anybody have depression that's hard to treat? How did you or do you cope?

2. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I coped with it from doing my favorite hobbies,driving ,going out ,creating,discovering,and eating food . Watching comedy shows and movies and stand up comedies :slight_smile: u can do it ur life is precious and wonderful don't throw it away I know it feels being sucidal it took me 3 years to get out :slight_smile:

3. hip2hop

Out Status:
    Some people
    I know depression can be hard and difficult to treat. On really difficult days I focus on something, anything that keeps me sane like my parents, or my dog or anything that gives me a bit of hope. I cleaned up my diet quite a bit as well, got rid of processed foods, learned how to cook and started buying more fresh fruits and veggies. I also increased my physical activity and started walking out doors more. I confided in friends who listened to me, and who hugged me when I needed someone. I tried a lot of things and found that these worked best for me.

I know that depression can cause a feeling of isolation and the thought of "who would want to listen to me or who would want to be my friend" but trust me when I say these aren't true. If you don't feel your friends would be willing to listen you can always go to a therapist who will listen.

EC is a great community as well so you are never alone. If you want you can private message me and I will be happy to listen :slight_smile:.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should definitely see a mental health counselor. Friends and family are great supports, but often they don't understand major depression unless they've experienced it themselves. They think of it as being sad for a few days.