1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving back to an old house...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by drwinchester, Aug 24, 2014.

1. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

So because of financial circumstances, I've gotta live with my grandma even though right now I'm working 2 jobs and going to school. It wasn't so bad when we were living in town- because hey, I wasn't isolated and all that jazz.

Anyway, the house I'd spent my high school years in was a house my grandparents owned but my parents were renting out. It was out in the country, isolated, and that was where all that crap with my mom was going on, all in that house. See, she wasn't accepting of me being trans, and then my dad ended up having a heart attack and dying in that very same house.

So I have a lot of memories I'd like to leave behind about that house...

Anyway, my mom's moving out of state. My grandma's moving back into that very same house.

I really hate to admit it but the idea of living in that house again, even short term, makes me sick to my stomach.

I want to transfer to Sacramento this winter to be closer to my partner (and we have living arrangements). So I'm not staying in that house long.

But anyway, how do I make the wait easier until I can get the hell out of there and not go insane inside that damn house?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try spending as much time outside the house as possible. Also, you might consider rearranging things so it doesn't feel so familiar.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might rearrange the places you spend most time in to a place you feel most comfortable...
    the bed, or a table, for example...

you might feed the birds a bit so you have birds singing around you...

If you believe in feng shui you might look up the gemstone black tourmaline.
    A medium sized should do.
    All at your own risk.
    If used as lucky charm don't carry too much around it might block chakras.
    And rinse it from time to time under a tap.

Generally a loving attitude might help...