1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone actually have proof of this "it'll happen when you least expect it"

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RahRahLM, Aug 25, 2014.

1. RahRahLM

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It all because that's what I keep getting told but then they can never back it up with something. Then sometimes it's people who haven't had a relationship telling me this and I'm thinking "how do you know cuz technically you're in the same boat as me"

So can anyone shed any light for me? Plz:wink:

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My parents met at a donut store :lol:

3. gutsrie

I was single for three years before one night I went clubbing. And I HATE clubbing with a passion yet there I was with a friend. But I'm glad I went that night because I happened to meet the most amazing guy of my life; my husband. :slight_smile:

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I met my current girlfriend online whenever we were both quite a bit younger and we would talk every summer. Last year I emailed her and we began talking again like we always did and I didn't expect anything of it but we both fell for each other and now we've been going out for almost six months

5. SimpleTim

SimpleTim Guest

For me, it always just begins with me putting out a little bit of effort. (Saying hi, and starting a conversation. Arranging or accepting requests to hang out).

That fast process of finding out that your crush also has a crush on you sure comes out of nowhere. And it does really seem unexpected.

Happened 3 times to me so far.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

No it's just shit they say to give you hope statistically that shit isn't likely so you have to take initiative which sucks and may or may not be worth it, it'll happen or it wont' is a better way to look at it

7. NatWheeled

Well...I'd sorta just accepted that I was prolly gay. Actually I told God to bring me who I'm supposed to be with. A few months ago I'd downloaded a chat app called chatimity. I'd no interest in using it for online dating n just hung out in the main USA rooms. One day, July 14, 2014 to be exact, I met this bubbly engaging beautiful lesbian woman. I was instantly drawn to her outgoing fun personality. We got to talk in n next thing I know she said she was gonna take me out. She lives in California and I'm in Washington so it hasn't happened yet. But we chat daily n send pics n videos (non sexual). Anyways I'm crazy bout this girl n fall deeper n depper the more I get to know her.

So yeah, it does happen.

8. Blossom85

Yes.. My ex girlfriend and I met online and it was something that took me by surprise.. I had no intention of finding a potential partner, it just happened and it did happen when I least expected it too, when my life was settled, I didn't feel the need to be with anyone, I was happy being single and then it happened.. So yess it certainly can happen.

9. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my Mum and Dad hated each other at first

10. TheStormInside

I think what people mean when they say this is twofold. One, someone who is just out there being confident being themselves is more likely to be attractive than someone who is feeling desperate or lonely and is obsessed with finding someone. Two, you're more likely to make a genuine and natural connection with someone if you're just living your life and doing what you like to do, because then you'll find yourself surrounded by like minded people. That doesn't mean of course you can't help it along a bit by getting out a little more and going places you might meet someone who has the same mentality as yourself, too, though.

11. cuppycake

I'm a very timid and shy person and I spend most of my days indoors. I love travelling and I would love to go out, but there are so many mean people out there that I just can't bring myself to confront them ...
    Anyway, I've been told the same! I'm almost eighteen now yet I've never really been kissed/held hands with someone, and when I ask someone older/in a relationship, they always say the same "it'll happen when you least expect it".
    I personally think that it's true, but ... partially. In my case of ... anxiety, I suppose, I can't expect a girl to magically show up in my house, but if I do try to connect with people, either online (where I feel more secure) or outside, out of everyone I meet, the person I least expect might end up being the one I love! I hope that made sense ^~^

12. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to my wife a year ago with the intention of just being honest, and fully expected that I would not be in a relationship soon, if ever. Not even 5 months later I met a guy (here on EC, actually) who I had an instant connection with, and we met in person several weeks later. It's amazing, wonderful, and way beyond anything I expected or even hoped. And it certainly did happen when I least expected it.

13. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I usually have crushes that start when I least expect them. I was growing through something (the coming out process) and just didn't want anything to do with people. As I got to know people I started to open up a bit more, but found myself gravitated to one person. She was nice. She wanted to know lots about me and was always flirting with me. Well, she forced a side kiss on me once. She will try to be close, but sadly she is in a relationship so I keep my distance-sucks. Anyways, I did not expect to like this girl, in fact I was avoiding her because I just didn't want someone in my life. I ended up finding out she is bi. She has asked others if I liked her, but never has asked me. Thing is she hasn't attacked me for my feelings which is nice. Right now, I am just trying to be friends (the best I can) which can be difficult, but I care about her a lot.