1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LitePenguin, Aug 26, 2014.

1. LitePenguin

I could really use someone to talk to right now...

I started college a couple days ago, i just lost a good friend, and i just encountered someone who sexually abused me years ago, and I feel like everything' s going wrong.

:icon_sad:

2. black-cat

Firstly, *big hugs* I'm here for you if you need to vent or just want a friend. It sounds like you are having a shitty time

3. LitePenguin

Yeah...I am.

I'm ready to just break down in tears.

:frowning2:

4. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does your college have some sort of counseling center? They should be able to help you, maybe they have someone that you can at least talk to.

5. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All I have to say is.. let it out. let your emotions out. keeping them in will do you no favours what so ever.. and we're here for you my friend, just know that K?

6. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude everything will be okay don't worry and have u talked to ur parents about this?

7. Jim1454

Hey - we're all here for you to talk to. Either here, on someone's wall, or you can send members of the staff (like me) a private message.

Try, as hard as it might be, to remember that this is a very short period in your long life. Just because you're feeling down and things seem crappy now doesn't mean that this is the way it will always be.

Starting college is one of the hardest things to do - and there are likely a lot of people, for various reasons, feeling just as crappy as you do right now. You're not alone.

But what to do about it? Getting in touch with the counselling / support center at your college is a good first step. Even if you don't want to talk to anyone right now, find out where they are and what services they offer. As for the friend and the person who abused you years ago... I'm not sure what to suggest. Is the abuser going to the same college? Where did you see them?

Again - feel free to answer here, or send me a PM. You'll get through this.

8. LitePenguin

He's going to the college...and I think he might have a class with me. Today.

9. SeaSalt

Dont let him see you down, Dont give him the satisfaction of seeing you depressed. Stay strong and probably some sort of councilor wouldnt hurt.

There are allways people here who would be happy to chat (me included).
    In the meantime let me shower you with fake hugs.

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

10. LitePenguin

Thanks, I guess you're right about that.

11. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude don't worry be happy :slight_smile: go to comedy shows ,go to pride festivals ,go to talk to ur family for support.

12. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, I remember when I started 6th form college in the UK when I was 17 after leaving school 6th form. I had a friend for the first 2 weeks and then he left and I felt exposed. I had to endure name calling etc for weeks until they moved me to a new tutor group to stop me leaving the college. I realised that in the end I wasn't going to let anyone win and stayed there for 5 years and got a uni qualification. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 29th Aug 2014 at 01:54 PM ----------

Also aged 12 another student tried to abuse me in school. He is now in prison for abusing another child. I feel sorry for the child but glad he's where he belongs!

13. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

I've gone through a depression too and I understand how you feel. However, it's just a stage in your life. You'll get better, trust me.

As for the guy who abused you, I don't know what to say. It must be very tough for you. All I can tell you is to hold on and be strong.

Have you thought about talking to a therapist and your parents? They could help you and give you advise.

Furthermore, people form EC are here to help you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need a friend.