1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to approach a guy you're interested in?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shazam, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Shazam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok. So, there's this guy who over the past week just started working at my place of employment. He looks to be around my age and is a very attractive and sweet guy and I kind of developed a crush for him, instantly. Lol.

Only problem is, I don't know if he's gay or bi & if he is. I have no clue of how to approach him. This reason I think he may be gay or into me is because he smiles at me a lot and is always looking my way. I haven't talked to him much, but when I told him that he should work with me on his next shift, he seemed to be pretty enthused. I think so, anyway... I could be completely wrong, though. I have absolutely no gaydar and can never tell if someone is or not unless their obviously flaming. Other than that, I haven't a clue.

Anyway, I've been in relationships before, but I've never initiated it... Lol. I'm kind of shy and somewhat reserved so I never approach people. Lol. I want to change that, though, but I don't know how to go about doing it. I want to show that I'm interested without putting myself out there like that. I mean, I'm out to family and friends, but no one at my job knows it, though I have been planning on telling my 4 bestfriends who work their, as well and I feel like courting someone would be the perfect time to tell them. hehe.

I really like this guy and find myself thinking about him when i'm home even though I just met him a few days ago. Any advice and feedback is Welcome.

2. purgatory

I feel the same exact way about being shy, liking guys but not knowing if they're gay, and not having the guts to be "out there"--but also really wanting a relationship, or even just flirting lol.

so can't help ya there, sorry. but good luck to you!

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Treat him like a friend first, and it's best to see him one-on-one, outside of work. Just invite him for something, which will be easier if you know what he likes to do.

4. offmychest

offmychest Guest

1. treat him like a friend and put him in "friendzone". you dont know if he is gay or bi and you dont know if he likes you are just is being excited and friendly with new people at his new job. also, if you come out to him and he is not gay he may think you are hitting on him at work and could even make him uncomfortable.

2. just develop a friendship at work and if that seems to go well possibly after some time (a month or two) you can suggest hanging out after work.

3. the way to suggest hanging out after work is to make it not a big deal....'hey some of us are going to hang out after work for a few drinks, you're invited if you want to come." if you want to slightly flirt you can say, "dont tell anyone else though, just the cool kids like you are going to be there" and smile.

just play it cool. when people like you or want to be around you, they make an effort to be around you. when they do not, just leave them alone.

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gosh u r getting me all hot and bothered. I would like to go out with you sometime, just to watch you 'in action' so to speak, and to learn. Please accept me as an apprentice :lol: