1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come out to Muslim father about apostacy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Maddie89, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Maddie89

I wouldn't dream of discussing sexuality with my father, but I left denounced Islam a year ago, and I haven't told my dad yet. My mom knows though.

Im going to be visiting my family in a couple of weeks and I wanted your advice on whether I should tell him on Skype/facebook beforehand, or wait until I get there?

My brother left Islam years ago and he is coping well with it so far and he treats him just fine. So I don't think he would go crazy on me.

I just want to deliver the news as gentle as possible..

I plan to check out a Spiritual Center near his area while I am there, but I don't want to have to hide/lie about it.

I'm staying there for a month, coming from Egypt to the States.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are really brave. It would be good to tell him beforehand so he can get over the big issues. But, you should really check with your mom on how he would respond.

3. Maddie89

Good idea, thanks! I will talk to her

4. burg

if your brother has been treated fine you should be ok.maybe get your dad a small present the same day you tell him.just so its in his head your still a good person when you do tell him.