1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight people flirting

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LifeAsWeKnowIt, Aug 28, 2014.

1. LifeAsWeKnowIt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys, I was wondering if you've ever had to deal with straight people flirting with you. It's happened before in the past, but currently, I have a good friend who does nothing but flirt with me. I know she doesn't like me in that way, and she's definitely straight, but she still makes sexual comments, and does stuff like hold my hand and cuddle me if we're hanging out. I know some straight girls do this anyway, but she often takes it far beyond what would be considered normal for a platonic relationship. I'm not out to any of my friends, but most of them kind of assume I'm gay, and are just waiting for me to say it.

I also know that nothing's ever gonna happen, and I'm not really interested in her, but sometimes I do find myself being turned on when she does certain things. She's good looking, and I'm lonely, so it's no surprise really.

Is she trying to bait me out of the closet? Is she doing it for a joke? Sometimes my friends find it weird how coupley she tries to make us.

Anyway, this is kind of a rant, but if any of you have very been in a similar position, any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Straight men flirting with me all the time , I have not met straight women that do this thank God , I would consider that torture .

3. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't like people flirting with me if they aren't serious. It hurts if I develop feelings for someone I have no chance with, so I now try and tell them outright not to play games with my feelings if they don't mean what they say.

4. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could try talking to her about it? Not outright, just: "Why do you always act like we're a couple?" Or something...

I had/have two friends that do this - one that has a boyfriend. It's sort of frustrating isn't it? I always thought that it was just a thing some girls do because they like your attention, and like feeling like they're in a relationship without being in one? Like platonic dating? Maybe?
    Sorry, I started rambling. :icon_redf

Um...so, uh sorry about your friend. You should mention it, even just in passing and see if you can get her to express why she's doing it?

5. Linthras

Linthras Guest

If only.
    I've only had one or two guys flirt with me and that was at an LGBT bar, so not that unexpected.
    Never had a women straight or bi flirt with me though. :frowning2:

6. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

Straight girls are off-limits that's. Set a boundary with her at this instant before you develop a deep emotional feelings for her which is dead end for you. When a straight girl is flirting with you most of the time its good to be true and they are downright playing with you. She may be baiting you out of closet or just checking to see if you are really gay. Which is by the way not a good tactic, she should just be direct and ask you if you are gay instead of playing games. Sometimes I think we are known to be too vulnerable that's why this sort of thing happens most of the time. Just don't trust her advances...

7. Chief Beifong

I have this problem for about 3 years. In my class, all girls are very close, so it'd be no surprise of you see girls holding hands, sitting on each other's laps or girls hugging you from the back. I went crazy, although I kinda got used to it now. I know for a fact that all if not most of them are straight as a stick, so I am mostly ok with them flirting with each other or me. I always blush like crazy when they get touchy with me, they would assume immediately that it's because I hate getting all touchy or i'm a prude, but what they don't know is what's going through my mind. They know I can be a bit dirty minded, however, they never assumed that I do think of it willingly, not only that I understand it.

But there's this one girl, she's always touchy with me, if one of us were a guy, most people would assume we're a couple. Hugging me from behind and putting her head on my shoulder, sitting on my lap and playing with my hair, and when we talk, our faces are so very close, like kissing range close. Everyone would say that it's like we're a couple, then she would jokingly say i'm hers. She was the very first girl I properly liked, but when I came out to her, she reacted badly and we haven't properly talked up till now. But thankfully, she said she understood and accepted me(after nearly a year after telling her). Of course I went to my depressing mood for months after that, I nearly completely ignored her (but it's very hard because she's my seat mate). She's the only person I came out to that's not really on close speaking terms now.

Now we're in good terms, but we're more like acquaintances now. I got over her (took me a good year) but I kind of regret something. Not asking her why she acts like that only to me. That's why from then on, I try to keep my feelings on check. I'd say you should ask her why is she doing these things to you and spare some unnecessary feelings. Make sure you're prepared before asking her, if she does suspect you of being gay.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I never had a straight girl flirt with me but I would hate it if that happened , I always think of this way I'm a real lesbian not a fake pretend lesbian to get guys hot , if your not serious don't play games with me . Straight girls are of limits I don't messed with them and I don't like it when they play games or want to play the oh let's turn guys on game . If you wanna turn guys on do by yourself because I'm not interested and I'm playing that childish crap .:dry:

9. dazeio

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    straight girls flirt with me all the time just cause I'm a tomboy/dyke/whatever ...:dry:

i really hate it but you should set boundaries .. in my case, i usually just smile and walk away.. :slight_smile: cause you could really develop feelings for them and its not good.

Hope it helps... Cheers!

10. cuppycake

Straight girls flirting with me on purpose is very uncomfortable, to say the least. I don't know if they realize my sexual orientation or if they just tease me because I'm shy, but it's just frustrating. It hurts, too. Here I am, minding my own business, lonely as hell, and suddenly a pretty girl comes and she's like hugging me, holding my waist, touching my hands, telling me they're pretty and that my skin is smooth, etc ... and one time a girl even told me my lips were 'cute and small'. I just ... I just absolutely lose it, and I don't know how I manage to stay calm. My heart goes crazy and my face turns red, and since I have a very light skin color, my embarrassment shows almost immediately and people laugh at me for turning into a walking tomato. т////т

I would personally advise you to stay strong and ignore it, and if things get too serious, then you could ... this might sound weird, but you could say you like a guy, just to see how she reacts. Besides, if she suspects your sexuality and you tell her you like some guy, she'll be surprised and she'll stop suspecting you. If she really likes you, she'll get hurt (you'll see it in her eyes) or jealous. Whatever you try with her, tell us what happened after it ^u^

Good luck!

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Because of girls like that , I don't take a girls flirtation seriously anymore even if she's gay , I'll just hang back and see if it's real or fake , if I do get a passionate kiss after the flirting I'll then think it's real but I don't flirt back .

12. TheStormInside

Unless it's super obvious flirting usually goes over my head, anyway. There have been multiple times where I find out much later that a particular guy was flirting with me, when I thought he was just being a pain in the ass or was just particularly friendly. In some cases I felt bad, in others I was glad I was oblivious because the situation would have been far more awkward if I were aware of what was happening. If girls have flirted with me (and I noticed) it's always been the "over the top" we're straight girls flirting with each other thing, which even before I was aware of my sexuality made me pretty uncomfortable. If a straight girl who knew my sexuality flirted with me I'd find it kind of offensive, because it can be rather misleading.

13. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

If a straight girl tried to flirt with me I'd punch her in the face. JK

Seriously though, I just wouldn't take it seriously. Most straight girls who flirt with girls are trying to impress guys or use a girl as an experiment.

14. Water lover

Water lover Guest

Being a guy doesn't help either. I know a lot of straight guys that do things in public that most gay men would never dream of. It's so weird like kissing, touching, grouping, profian things. I thinks it's just the gay gods hating us lol jk. But seriously straight act more gay than most gay people I know.