1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend make-up tools for beginner?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kai LD, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Was just hoping some people could suggest cost-effective make-up brands/tools for a novice. :icon_redf

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For starters you need your foundation brush concealer brush , blush brush and a (not mandatory but it makes it look flawless ) blender sponge also don't forget your powder brush .

I have found that amazon sells make up starter kits ,with all the brushes you need at an affordable price so I would suggest you go there .

Remember your concealer goes on first, then your foundation then ,your blush and last finish all off with your make up powder, on your make up powder brush .

Brushes do a far better job, than sponges and your fingers for a more flawless put together look .
    cover girl , and Rimmel London are pretty good prices also Almay , BB creme also good I will just say stick to drug store make up .
    Hope this helps good luck :slight_smile:

#2 stocking, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  3. black-cat

You should try ELF Cosmetics (Eyes, Lips, Face). You can buy their makeup online, and I believe you can get it at Walmart or Target, too. I tried to get you the American site, but I'm not sure if it worked : P

They're stuff is about $3 USD, and is surprisingly good. They do kits/gifts sets too, which will be good to get you started as they come with a case, brushes, instructions, etc. There are many tutorials on YouTube that do reviews, tutorials and tips on using makeup, too. Like I said, you would think the products would be kinda sh** baring in mind the price, but they are incredible. Good luck :love:

4. Robins Jacket

If you want you could buy a starters set from Forever 21. I use them and they've lasted awhile. Beware though, plastic bristles aren't nearly as good as brushes made of real animal hair, but those cost significantly more. E.L.F. brushes are also pretty good and really cheap, just be sure to clean your brushes! Shampoo is totally fine for cleaning them but try to dry them well.
    Have fun! <3 xoxo

5. Princess Danica

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. Thank you for the helpful information :grin:

6. black-cat

It is a pleasure, I hope it helps!