1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Danny19, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Danny19

Hey guys ill keep this short and simple.. So this semester I kinda lagged it on getting my classes and well im not going to school this fall. Im looking for a job right now, but besides that i have nothing to do and i feel like a low life. Some days i clean my house. But Im trying to see what i could do to keep myself occupied. My mom thinks im going to school so some days I go out to "school" but ill go hang with my friends or something like that. I was wondering of maybe you guys vould give me some options/advice. So yea let me know what you guys have in mind. Thanks.

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I recommend finding a hobby to do to pass time - probably something helpful? Like exercising, if you don't already. Take a hike or something. Maybe set aside some time to just do nothing but relax.

Good luck on finding a job! :slight_smile:

3. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You should be honest with your mother. Especially if she is supportive of you. Tell her the truth, that you thought you had more time, you screwed, up and you are not in school. Being caught in the lie otherwise will be hard on her and she will respect you more if you are honest with her. (edit from after writing all this -->) You can alleviate many of the disappointed feelings by giving her your battle plan: IE, Get a job, study for the GRE, take the GRE, etc.

However, if your mom is like some evil parents I have read about, keep going as you are...

With that said, get a job and be productive. Put yourself on a probationary period so to say for not being timely with your classes. Minimal drinking & ... . Healthy and productive activity only. Read books, prep for your school career. Study for the GRE and take it, even if you don't plan on grad school. I think the scores are good for 5 years??? I forgot to be honest but...

Go to Barnes and Nobles or whatever book store is in your area and study/research something. Write research papers. Educate yourself and be an unofficial student.

4. Nekokoneko

Out Status:
    Some people
    Depending on the school, some will let you sit in on classes and just listen to the lectures or whatever. You should be honest with your mom though if at all possible. Since it will affect your graduation date and lying about it now will just make you have to lie even more in the future. Otherwise I think getting a job and saving up some money is a good plan. Having savings for the future is never a bad thing. Good luck!