1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was destined to be ugly...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ThePrideInside4, Aug 29, 2014.

1. ThePrideInside4

So, all my life I've been very insecure about how I look. Ny nose is too big, my eyes are too small, my lips are too thick, my face is too chubby, I have really bad acne, I hate my hair color, my nose has too many blackheads on it, e.t.c.. :frowning2:
    So yesterday I got my hair cut. I showed the stylist a picture of a girl with a pixie cut and long bangs in the front. At the end she put a LOT of hairspray on, and it made my hair feel dirty, sticky, and greasy. When I looked in the mirror when she was finished, I was NOT happy at all with what she did. My bangs in the front were a diagonal line, and I was hoping my bangs would be longer, so the weight of my hair would prevent my cowlick from sticking up. But of course, the cowlick is so short, it sticks straight up in the air! :tantrum:
    My family was happy with it, but I didn't want to be rude, so I acted like I loved it. All day I've been using many gels and sprays, and hair-straighteners and irons, and hairdryers. NOTHING WORKED. By that point, I was ready to just yank the damn thing right out of my :***: head.
    Then I had a breakdown. I started crying and looked in the mirror. "Nobody will like me if my hair looks like a preppy, sophisticated old man's hair", I screamed at the ugly person standing in front of me, "no body. I was destined to be ugly". :tears:

I have NO CLUE what to do about this stupid fucking cowlick, and school starts on Tuesday. :bang:

:help: Help me!!! :help:

2. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    when you love yourself you will see your are so hot but you just cant see it cause your hating yourself
    hell when i used to think that my nose is so big and stupid and everybody tells me that i used to cry day and night thinking that guys would never look at me
    anyway after i learned to love myself i feel like now i can see who really thinks im attractive god guys everywhere had their eyes on me i just couldnt see it cause i was so stupid trying to change who im when i loved myself people loved me and anyway who ever loves you for how good is your hair or face is fucking stupid
    hell some people think fat guys are a big turn off but i had a crush on a guy who is fat god i melted in his eyes
    some people are shallow and some are not so just be yourself you are attractive in your own you people who are really smart nice and good will see it

3. Litveninko

i don't think you're ugly. I hear make up can make your nose smaller and big eyes. (google it) And about your hair, go for a different style, no need to worry.

4. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You actually said it better than I was going to. :lol: Self-esteem is so important. Sucks super hard for people who have trouble with it. But everybody should have good self-esteem! edit: I have super bad esteem problems myself I know where you're coming from.

5. tulipinacup

You know it's pretty "normal" for someone your age going on through that awkward stage and usually you blossom during your adolescence. You don't really know what people will think unless they see it with their own eyes and if it ever happens, I think it still doesn't matter because once you start not caring and gaining self-esteem, what only matters is how you think of yourself.

Everyone has their own insecurity and I also thought I was really ugly but I decided one day,do I really want to waste my time hating myself? And so I changed that. I focused on the things I'm good at such as cooking and giving advice to people, remembering everyone's face, being a keen observer, etc.

If you are good at something such as drawing or playing instrument, try focusing on that area, maybe one day you'll realise that you're no as bad as you thought you were.

6. Really

I always hated my haircuts right after they were just done. Can you use a simple clip just to hold it off in one direction for a bit? (A dollar store will have some very plain ones.)
    I used to do this and after a couple of washes, I'd have a better handle on the whole thing. you will too, don't worry.

7. SimpleTim

SimpleTim Guest

Often times, people will rate you much higher than you will rate yourself. When you feel bad at yourself, it's almost like an illusion looking in the mirror. Because of sensitivity of having to face yourself (or something), you will project something a lot worse than what is really there. The subjective beliefs of yourself will taint and distort what you see in the mirror.

It's actually really common, when you videotape someone, and have them watch themselves on film. Most of us squirm with embarrassment and humiliation as we watch ourselves.

Realistically, most people don't put such high standards on you. Most people are more about critiquing themselves, yet accepting others a little more easier.

8. Vaettfang

There's no such thing as ugly. There's just being attractive in your own special way. :thumbsup: