1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I HATE MY PARENTS And my entire Family

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ardard, Aug 30, 2014.

1. ardard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My parents are extremely religious. homophobic, and racist. I haven't come out to them yet and i don't think i ever will. I have to deal with them every time they see someone who they think might be gay, they make a rude comment like "look at that limp wrist". If they even see a poster on the street with an interracial couple they go off on how it is so wrong.

And my entire family is the same way my sister, my cousins, my aunts and uncles, and even my grandparents.

So i'm just here trying not to be kicked out of the house.

I have started not giving a f*ck about what my parents think but of douse every time i want to do something or decorate my room a certain way my parents tell me, you can't do that its to feminine people might think your gay. And every time they say that they also mention who the Bible says that homosexuals can't go to heaven.

Oh and just for more f*ck-sh*t my family (mom,dad,and sister this time) and I were having an argument about gay marriage and my family was saying how we shouldn't allow gay people to get married because it wasn't like that before.

I forgot to mention that they are forcing me to go to a christian high school.

I have started just ignoring my parents and sister as much as i can.

(They also have no suspicion that i am gay so that is lucky for me)

So any advice on how to get through my life?

2. David7991

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in a very VERY similar situation, I'd just say to stay off their radar until you're capable of moving out, and then leave because you'll be more happy. Personally I think when you move out you should tell them eventually, but I don't know your situation or thoughts. I just think you should EVENTUALLY (not now, don't do it) because that way you're opening yourself up to them and being yourself. Like I said, don't do it now because otherwise you'll just make things worse and you'll most likely get kicked out. Also you don't have to take my advice, you can hide it from them as long as you want but I personally wouldn't because I'm in the same situation and I'm getting more and more disconnected with them by the day, and either way if my parents have a bad reaction they will still know the truth and I wont have to hide anymore.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How old are you? I would suggest first getting a support system of people you trust locally. Within your family, you might look for the family members others shun; they are often the ones who are more accepting. Although I haven't talked to them, it really makes me happy to know two cousins (the ones other relatives disparage as being "too Westernized") are vocally supportive of gay marriage.

Just keep your eyes on the prize: financial and physical independence. Keep a hyperfocus on your studies and plans for college or something after high school.

4. SeaSalt

Swing this one by them if you are as interested about their responses as I am.

God has knowledge of all things.
    God knows all our sins, past and future.
    Jesus Sacraficed himself for our sins because he loves us all (Worth pointing out Jesus was a man who loves all men).

That means that even if sexing the same gender is a sin it doesnt make a difference, that sin has been paid for by Jesus thanks to gods knowledge of all things .
    By saying that you or anyone else isnt going to heaven you are making one of a few accusations wether you like it or not.

1. you are implying that god doesnt actually know everything which is why being gay isnt accounted for in his sacrafice. that would also emply that he didnt know of homosexuality at the time which would mean that the bible never said anything against it because god didnt know to put it in.

2. you might be implying that Jesus sacraficing his own life for our sins wasnt enough to grant us all passage into heaven. Im not sure god will take too kindly to the idea that you dont think his sons life was enough.

I would point out that in the bible it states that your spirit is identical to the Lord Jesus Christ. It is sinless!"

Hebrews 10:10-12, 14
    “By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ
    once for all. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified,”

NOT ONLY THAT

Seeing as these people belive god created everything then by that logic he also created Homosexuality (That word is a relatively modern term!). Ok so the devil created it, our souls are the one and same as "Our lord and saviour Jesus Christ". By saying that our sould have somehow been corrupted by the devil you are directly implying that the devil has more power than the holy spirit. (Pretty sure there is something about that in the bible somewhere, Like a whole part dedicated to saying how Jesus overcomes the devil!)

Rant over.

If your parents start preaching at you just tell them that you heard it from some British Devil Spawn.

Oh and you could also point out this
    [​IMG]
    Just sayin

Oh and as for your original point you can grin and bare it until you are old enough to move away and escape on your own terms. (*hug*)

5. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's called homophobia but it feels like rejection. It feels like it's you they hate, they just don't know it yet; because they don't know the real you. But it's you who will reject them in the end and it's you who will have gotten it wrong. Because the opposite of love isn't hate. It's fear.

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree, but not everybody is lucky enough to enjoy support of friends/ LGTB center.
    In some cases is better for the person just to get out of the hostile enviroment, before it causes a real damage. That means temporarily giving up on going to college, just getting a job and a place where you feel safe.

7. Vaettfang

Show them this.
    [​IMG]