1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by artist92, Sep 1, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I've made too many threads related to this but... Please help me figure out the least painful way to go. I need to die.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Old age? There is no problem so great that it's worth giving up life to get away from it.

3. SeaSalt

Dont Die. Boring people die, I intend on living long enough to drink in earths yellow sun and get superman like powers

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2014 at 07:39 PM ----------

Just remembered this and I honestly cant think of a better speech to help you in what you will one day see as your darkest hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soe8ayi3ScE

Survive!

4. anann

Here is a poem that helped me when I was done with life. There is no good and foolproof way to do it. For me talking to a doctor led me to feel better. It is hard and I fought it for years, but it really is the best way to feel better. I still have bad days, but it has been years since I felt bad enough to want to die.

Raisers pain you, rivers are damp
    acid stains you and drugs cause cramp
    guns aren't lawful, nooses give
    gas smells awful, you might as well live

I don't know the author, apologies to that person.

5. Litveninko

what?? No. :O I really don't know you, but don't :'( . It's the God testing you for a better life. Remember the teach is silent during the test. doNT KILL YOURSELF <3

6. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know. I cant even believe in God anymore. Every day people hammer in that I'm listening to satans lies by wanting to become the woman I am on the inside. If God is real, he hates me.

7. Queer NOS

Ah, death. I, too, long for such on occasion.

[I apologize if the below comes across as shaming or patronizing: you do not choose to feel this way, you do not choose to suffer as you are suffering, and you are not to be faulted for having these thoughts that you have.]

But, see, that woman that you are is somebody who has a lot to offer this world. I know that depression and/or oppression makes this very difficult to believe (ever do I know!), but there is good within you that the world needs. Maybe you'll teach compassion to those who persecute you for your wanting to transition by showing them what an awesome person that a trans-person can be; maybe you'll only touch one person, and maybe that person will only be touched a little, but maybe that'll be enough to spark something wonderful. Maybe that one act of kindness that you showed that one day really made a difference in how somebody felt about or saw themselves.

I can't speak for or against any deity that may or may not exist, but, God or no God, you have a purpose here.

Also, death is traumatic and messy for those who are left in the wake of the deceased. Somebody is going to blame themselves for your death, and that is a lot of blame to place on another person (though I know that you would not intentionally blame anyone for how you feel, people are rather self-centric and tend to think that everything has to do with them).

I've been told that it gets better. I can't say that I've gotten there yet, but I can say that there are many days in which I am glad that I don't give into these thoughts. I hope that you, too, come to have many days like this.

Google tells me that the poem is "Resumé" by Dorothy Parker.

On a semi-related note, see "Life Is Fine" by Langston Hughes:

"I went down to the river, /I set down on the bank./I tried to think but couldn't,/So I jumped in and sank.

I came up once and hollered!/I came up twice and cried!/If that water hadn't a-been so cold/I might've sunk and died.

But it was Cold in that water! It was cold!

I took the elevator/Sixteen floors above the ground./I thought about my baby/And thought I would jump down.

I stood there and I hollered!/I stood there and I cried!/If it hadn't a-been so high/I might've jumped and died.

But it was High up there! It was high!

So since I'm still here livin',/I guess I will live on./I could've died for love--/But for livin' I was born

Though you may hear me holler,/And you may see me cry--/I'll be dogged, sweet baby, /If you gonna see me die.

Life is fine! Fine as wine! Life is fine!"

Also, I interpret "Stopping By the Woods on a Snowy Evening" as having a suicidal context (especially the last stanza), but I do not think that Robert Frost intended it as such.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

8. SeaSalt

Any God that is so afraid of diversity that he would turn people against each other isnt a God that deserves your time.

9. Richie.

Death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, whatever you're going through it will end, seek help where you can lean on everyone it will get better

Phone suicide prevention or Samaritans to talk to when you're going through hell don't stop keep fighting!

Don't die, you can be happy and you. Be safe lean on us!!

10. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was going to say the exact same thing as Richie. Permanent solution to a temporary problem. Things will get better! Trust me on this! I had my mom walk out at 8, my father die at 11, a stepmother who abused me verbally and physically, and a bipolar schizo mother who also verbally abused me and now is trying to sue for god knows what. Oh and I'm now getting kicked out of my house at 19. I'm still standing. I have my bad days sometimes, but the suicidal thoughts have never really come back as strong as they used to. Because I know things will get better. And things will get better for you too! You just have to start believing it. Suicide is not the answer. It's never the answer. Don't you have anyone to talk to? If you don't, you can always, always, always talk to me! Please don't resort to suicide. So many people love you, even if you don't realize it (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

11. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is honestly no such thing as the least painful way. Your death will pain somebody Artist.

Assuming we even had such knowledge, it would be rather cold of us to provide it when we all want you to live. We don't want you to be unhappy, of course, but we do want you to live to see happier times. It may seem inevitable to you that life will always be [this] bad, but many people have trodden your path and journeyed to the other side. That's not to dismiss the reality of your feelings Artist, but you are better than you think you are and we're sticking with you.

12. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love that poem. :slight_smile:

13. Holly82

14. RainbowMan

There is no such thing. If you were to die, you would leave behind enormous pains for your family, your friends, your coworkers, and everyone in your life. Suicide isn't the end of pain, it's just the beginning of a lifetime of pain for people that you're close to, and some that you aren't so close to.

If you want to talk privately, feel free to PM me or any other staff member. We're always here to help.

15. Holly82

God isn't real. But evil people are very real. They may even be in your own family. Don't let them win. If you suicide, you prove them right for eternity. All you have to do is survive them. Keep going, keep moving, keep living. You've made it this far, keep it up. The older you get the more financially independent you'll become and the further you can keep these evil people away from you.

You can do it.

16. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    God practices tough love. He is the drill sergeant screaming in your face, but he will not let anything happen to you that's so bad you can't handle it. And you will turn out better in the end.

17. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you all but, I really think Im going to have to end it tonight. My parents have gotten so much worse. I even found out they've been hacking into my phone, getting past the lock codes, and going to my whisper app account. Everything I do or say has been monitored by them, and I have ZERO privacy. I cant leave this risen, and I cry and cry but nothing helps. If I dont post anymore, then I did it. It cant hurt worse then this pain Ive been going through

18. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By surprise? Right now I would have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of life. I tried to commit suicide once. I planned to succeed. I was lucky. I even got away with only ruining a weekend throwing up. Either that or I'm really a ghost.

I knew it would hurt others but there seemed to be no other solution. I believed that I caused more pain to others by living. I was convinced that it was the least selfish thing to do. I would've felt worse if anyone said that I was being selfish or reminded me to think of others. I was in too much pain to think anymore about that. I'd ran it through my head already. At times I fear I'm a narcissistic sociopath drama king destined to become a serial killer. There's a lot of anxiety in society thesedays!

Committing suicide is more difficult than you might think. Even if you know a 'perfect' method... you cannot account for everything else. For example; drowning would not be pleasant. I'm convinced that it's more likely to be painful and not guaranteed to succeed. So much for a method that many people think is peaceful! I'm sorry if anyone knows someone that drowned. At the very least I hope you heed my warning about this method.

The best advice I can give you is; keep talking to people. This universe exists in a constant state of flux and change is inevitable. I'm not a buddhist. I just believe in chaos. Life might not become better soon, but it'll be different in time, and that isn't always worse. We cannot know 100% about everything what will happen in the future.

19. Holly82

If you are suicidal you need to go to the emergency room. Don't worry about anything except getting to the emergency room. If you don't want to see your parents, that's the place to be.

20. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ive been there, and then sent to a crisis center before. It didn't help at all.