1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forgive me for the confusion and mess in this thread

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by colorblind, Sep 1, 2014.

1. colorblind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello out there. I am a female of 19 years.
    I am posting here because I wasn't sure where this fitted.

This is the first time ever that I am posting on a LGBT forum and even the first time I am posting about my sexuality.

I don't know where to begin. Let me just say that, I am beginning to consider myself bisexual. For a long time I would just think that I was maybe a 2 on the kinsey-scale, and that defining and putting people into categories was not necessary, it was limiting. I still think that, actually, but I also just want to label myself bisexual.

I was sure I was straight for most of my life. Actually I don't think I thought about even questioning my sexuality, of course I was straight. But when I think back, I now realize that I have been in love with women without knowing it, or I think so. I have always been sexually attracted to boys. I thought my attraction to women were only romantic. Something happened today and I guess that is what have made me decide to post here. I was in a shop to try on some shoes and this woman who was working there touched my feet to feel if the shoe fitted. If this was a beautiful or sexy man it wouldn't surprise me if I felt a little turned on, or I don't know how to put it... Just felt something in that sense. This happened today with that woman. It was nothing special, I know, but it was like it made me even more sure that I may be bisexual.

I am in love with a girl right now. She doesn't know. We don't see each other anymore, we never really knew each other that well. We went to the same school but school is over now. I don't know what to do about it.

If this girl was a boy I could talk to my friends about it. Take the weight off of my heart. But I can't talk to my friends about it. I can't talk to anyone about it and it's very hard. I can talk to my friends about boys. If I have a crush on a boy, if I see a hot guy walking down the street. But when I see a beautiful woman, what can I do but to sigh and dream.

But I don't feel like coming out, because I am not even sure myself. I don't know what I am because it changes. One day I wake up and think, I am straight, come one, I only like men. The next, i wake up and think, women are the only way to my heart, what can I do. And why should you label yourself? My sexuality is probably best defined ad fluid. But how can you communicate that to the world? Also, my sexual experience is very limited, so I haven't even tested it.

I don't know if I am asking for advice or what I am doing, I just needed to tell someone about this, and what is better than the world wide web of anonymity.

2. Queer NOS

Firstly, welcome to Empty Closets!

Secondly, I think that "fluid" is a very eloquent way to describe your specific experiences with sexuality and romantic attraction. My sexuality/romantic attraction also appears to be a bit fluid: some days, it seems as though I am a homoromantic homosexual (attracted to those of the same sex on both an emotional/romantic level and a physical level); some days, it seems as though I'm biromantic homosexual (attracted to both genders on a romantic level but only physically "turned on" by women, biromantic bisexual, bi-or-homoromantic "grey-sexual" (somewhere between asexual [no sexual attraction to anyone] and not asexual)..."fluid" is a nice way to put it, lol.

That being said, feel free to label yourself however you so chose. If the term "bisexual" fits your needs best, then, by all means, label yourself as "bisexual"; if "straight" fits your needs best, then label yourself as straight; if you need to go with the complex pieces like "biromantic heterosexual" or "biromantic heteroflexible" (heteroflexible meaning, if I understand it correctly, mostly straight with some bisexual leanings) or whathaveyou, then go with that.

I wish that I could give you some advice about the girl you are in love with and not being able to talk with your friends about your various crushes. It may be that your friends would be completely understanding of your sexual fluidity and would be more than willing to talk about your crushes on other females, even if they are religious (some of my most devoutly Christian friends were also the most supportive), but you know them much better than do I.

At any rate, you're always welcome to talk about whatever here on EC. :slight_smile:

3. colorblind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for your answer. Good to hear about your thought about your own identity.