1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self-Righteous Sister

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Sep 1, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

Everytime my parents are shouting at me and my sister is there, she chips in every single time when no-one asked for it. She then lectured me about how it was my fault for telling my Mum that I'm gay and putting her under stress to tell my homophobic Dad. She knew nothing about the situation and proceeded to lecture me about a position she's never been in. My mum made a mistake by saying people "turn gay" and corrected her on it by saying people are "born gay." My sister then lectured me on how I argue about every little thing ( I don't, it's just when people get sexuality wrong I get irked.) Maybe she had a point I don't know. I feel like confronting her but I feel like I'll look like an idiot if I do, and even worse, childish. Sorry about all this, she's been testing my patience for quite a few weeks now and it's been bugging me.

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2014 at 03:47 PM ----------

She's 5 yeard older than me and said that I'm 14 so "there is nothing I could offer them as adults." Quite an arrogant statement.

2. daisy448

daisy448 Guest

That's just her opinion, you don't have to listen to anything she says. Remember though, she's your sister, she's meant to be mean. You could try telling her calmly how you feel, then you won't look childish. I hope this is helpful.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This situation is the way is with my sister. Most of my family has no problem with the gay thing but my sister was really hostile about it and had her own theories to why I was saying I was gay from attention seeking to causing drama. Like I came out of the closet to cause drama. Your sister is adult and needs to grow up. Her actions say everything nothing about you and everything about her. When I confronted my sister it was like hitting a brick wall and nothing came of it. She is being a jerk and is the one who needs to comes to her senses and say sorry to you. Like my sister is she is being selfish for what ever irrational reason she has and I would just pay no attention to her bullshit.