1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First day of school

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by NDark, Sep 2, 2014.

1. NDark

I'm not sure if this is an okay place to post this, but here we go.

Because of a job action in B.C., school is delayed for who-knows-how-long. I'm very open about my sexuality and I'm hoping that I might be able to befriend other gays or get a girlfriend this year. As a result of my open-ness, however, I often go too far without realizing it. I already look like a stereotypical gay (sort of), and I'm wondering if it's a good or bad idea to wear a rainbow bracelet on the first day and many subsequent days of school. Is it too much, or is it okay?

I'd like to get your feedback on this issue, as I have not been teased about my sexuality and want to keep it that way. :3 Thanks in advance!

2. Ivysaur

My school would definitely be okay with that, but I don't know about yours. If you think the teasing would reach physical/sexual harassment, then you shouldn't. However, I also know many straight people who wear rainbow bracelets as a sign of support, so sometimes it's not taken as being openly gay.

Just go with what feels right, dude.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Had a similar dilemma, then finally decided to start wearing my bracelet and consecutively found out (after it was pointed out by one of my friends) that most people don't actually care or know what said bracelet signifies.

People are stupid. - Dr.Gregory House

4. Polterpup

I wear a pride bracelet that actually says "PRIDE" in all rainbow letters almost everyday at school. And I live in the crazy Christians region. I haven't gotten any hate for it yet though, so I would just wear the hell out of it! Woo!

5. Vampire

I'd say you should wear it. I highly doubt it can be considered sexual harassment, so you are in the safe-zone.