1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it tough dating people if you're bi?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by tommycee, Sep 3, 2014.

1. tommycee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've heard some people say its hard to date people if you're bi. Is it true? Do girls hate the idea of you being attracted to guys? Do guys hate you being bi too? I've never dated anyone before so I'm just kinda curious.

2. Dakeli27

There might be some prejudice against bi people, but I think that most people will accept it.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I know straight women and gay men who don't have anything against bi guys. There are also bisexuals of both genders that would understand you off the bat. Unfortunately, there will always be discrimination; but if someone doesn't want you for your sexuality, you wouldn't want to date them anyway.

4. colorblind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've talked to girls who say they would feel weird dating a bisexual guy. I would find it attractive and sexy myself. I think if people get to know the person before the label it shouldn't really matter.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I heard some straight women say they will never date a bisexual man and others say they don't care

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I've even heard some straight women say they would prefer to. The sad thing is that some straight girls objectify male homosexuality like straight men do to lesbians (although it isn't as common).

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes that's true.I've seen it

8. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And very annoying. I might be pansexual, and generally describe it to people as bisexual because I don't feel like getting into the complexities of non binary gender, but I tend to prefer monogamous relationships. No, I don't want to be in a relationship with BOTH you and that guy over there....

9. black-cat

I think it tends to be a personal preference, but overall, people don't seem to mind much

10. cuppycake

There's this thing some people think and say about bisexuals.

They think that everyone who is bisexual is bound to cheat on them with the other gender. And that's not true at all. It's not the sexuality or the gender that matters in cheating, it's the person itself. And just because that person happened to be bisexual for a single case, doesn't mean that all people who are bisexual will cheat. It's just a stereotype, a myth - it's something stupid. And somehow that myth has gotten so well-known and spread that some people are actually scared of dating bisexual individuals. Like, they are literally freaked out, like 'Hell no, I'm not dating him/her, he/she's gonna cheat on me with the opposite gender' - NO. That's not going to happen. Someone who's bisexual has a chance of cheating on you as much as someone who's heterosexual or homosexual.

Equality. It lacks even in LGBT communities.