1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to subtly identify as lesbian on social media

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PortRoyal, Sep 3, 2014.

1. PortRoyal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I recently moved to a new town where no one knows me. Most people don't really realize I'm gay until it slaps them in the face and I'm looking for some subtle ways to identify as such on social media (i.e. little saying I can put in my ig bio and such). Any ideas?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might look up lesbian sayings or quotes... there are also nice pictures...
    I like: my prince is a princess

You might point to LGBT sites in any way... or show support in any way...

3. black-cat

Unfortunately a lot of people assume that you are LGBT if you support LGBT rights- so you could try putting that in your bio that you are a "full supporter" of LGBTQ+ rights.

I have also seen a lot of people do things like LG{B}T or LGBTQ...when they are bisexual, for example. Also things like wearing a gay pride bracelet/shirt/bag/badge/button etc can give people clues.

4. Blossom85

I have found the approach of sharing LGBT pages on facebook fruitless as well as there are so many people who just support it these days.. No one has really batted an eye or if they have.. They have not been game enough to approach me directly to ask me.