1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She's in a Relationship but Flirts with me CONSTANTLY

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SouthCal1010, Sep 4, 2014.

1. SouthCal1010

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Recently, I posted on here and asked for advice. I met a woman at work and for the past month or so, we've engaged in some heavy flirtation. She would find reasons to come to my cubical and chat, and would make some sexually charged comments, as well as cute comments, too (i.e., anything from "I've had sex with four women and can't go over five, so I need to choose carefully" with a wink, to "You smell so nice everyday"). She kept insinuating that she wanted my phone number, and we proceeded to exchange some heated, sexual text messages.

Here's a side note, however. She did tell me, early on, that things were complicated with an ex who she tends to "go back and forth with." This was a bit of a turn off for me, but I thought she was cute and decided to go with it - but allowed her to initiate most of the flirting (I didn't see a point in being too aggressive with someone who admitted to some serious baggage).

In any event, on Monday, she admitted that she and the ex decided to get back together and that it was an "out of the blue, sudden" decision. Of course, I thought to myself "Bahhh. Why?", but as I posted above, I didn't allow myself to get too carried away from the get-go. But here's what bothers me - for the past week, she continues to constantly flirt with me. For instance, today she said that I'm "sexy" and said my "voice is cute." And yesterday, she gave a co-worker an attitude for tapping her on her sides (this particular co-worker tends to be overly touchy-feely with everyone), but then looks at me and says "But you can touch me anytime, anywhere." !@#$%^&*(

I keep telling myself to brush her off my shoulder as I know better to get involved with a woman in a relationship, but the way she flirts make me say to myself "God, I want you in my bed." I'm going to keep my distance because it's the smart thing to do, but does anyone have insight on WHY she flirts so heavily when she's with someone else? Ugh.

PS - I was recently offered a new job at a different company and will be putting in my two weeks at the month's end, so being co-workers isn't much of an issue at this point.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Forget about this woman , if you are interested in her I suggest you move on find another woman that is single . If you don't like her flirting tell her it makes you feel uncomfortable .
    She's using you as a back up for if her relationship fails or when things aren't going right to have someone make her feel good about herself . Don't waste your time on her .

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I agree.

4. SouthCal1010

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you for the advice. I agree completely. She had told me on one occasion that she and her EX "break up, get back together, break up, etc." I just listened as I prefer not to give my opinion on relationships that I know nothing about, but I'm of the stance that if it doesn't work out once, definitely twice, it's not going to work out at all in the long term. Thus, I do believe she is attracted to me and wants to keep me within sight if it doesn't work out with her on-and-off again GF. For now, the texting has ceased completely. I texted her once about something work related, and it was a professional exchange. Today, she flirted a tad, but nothing of a sexual nature. It was a busy day on both of our fronts, but she did approach my area on three occasions (for work-related things), and when I didn't give her my undivided attention, she stalled around until we chatted.

As I said in my previous post, I'm not too bent out of shape about it as I knew from the get-go that there was an EX involved. And not that this makes me look great, but my feelings were more of like, "I want you, anywhere, anytime," moreso than relationship-ish (there were factors here and there that made me think we wouldn't be compatible in the long term). I guess I just became vexed because when I've been in a relationship, I wasn't overtly flirting with others. I understand that some people are more flirtatious / open with others, but the thing with her is, she's very reserved / quiet and doesn't talk to many people at work. But nonetheless, subtle flirting, fine - I think we all do that to an extent. But making sexual comments? That's a whole other ball game.

5. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that's an amazing story. I can see why you would find this intriguing but the "other" relationship thing makes this a no-go, I'm sad to say. I had almost the exact same thing with a guy who was with someone else. I made the mistake of going for it. I was never more embarrassed in my life then when I met the guy AND his partner by chance in a bar afterward. I realized it was all a sex-play thing with him and I was just a prop. I hated myself for a long time afterward and will n-e-v-e-r get involved with a married guy ever again. blugh-bang