1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At least the dream is still alive

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TeePee, Sep 5, 2014.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The past 12 months have been a mixture of excitement, anxiety, frustration, happiness and a dose of depression.
    I was excited and happy that i got admitted into college and exactly a year ago started studying applied physics despite financial hardships. The beggining of this year was difficult as i struggled to settle outstanding tuition which forced me to take more jobs leading to me failing some of my courses.

Aftert the second semester ended two of my classmates were cut from our program, they'd failed! I waited the entire winter (southern hemisphere) awaiting confirmation of my proceeding to the next year.
    You see, i've spent the past 4 weeks worrying about fees and some family issues, and all that has got me slightly depressed. Just ten minutes ago i got comfirmation that i'll be starting my second year on the 15th. For a moment all my worries just vanished and i'm sooo happy right now.
    I'm hoping to do something related to Aerospace/Aviation in my placement year (next year).

All hope is not lost
    Just wanted to share

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for sharing TeePee. I know, from some of your previous threads that you haven't been having the easiest of times with one thing and another, but I hope this has given you a bit of a lift. Hoping you do well next year too. :slight_smile:

3. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for sharing the good news. Hope your school goes well! :thumbsup:

4. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Linco; Thank you for the great advice and the support that you always give.
    With such good news every other thing i worry about feels minute. It erases the self doubt that i sometimes have. The Next step is to work harder this coming year and get to work- for a full year- in Aviation.

Kai LD; I'm sure school will be even better. Just found out that i'll be doing mostly physics courses, i even like the only math course we'll be taking this semester. So i'm sure it's going to be great. Thanks!

#4 TeePee, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014