1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random encounter in the public transport.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shinji, Sep 5, 2014.

1. shinji

shinji Guest

So today I went out with a friend, we talked and blah, blah, blah… had a great time then we parted ways at the bus stop.

So I’m moving myself towards the bus stop, which is one of those glass bus stops that you can see from behind. I’m moving towards it and I notice with my peripheral vision some guy behind it, looking at me. Our eyes met for a fraction of the second, he looked away and I positioned myself to look for the bus (with my back towards him).

Now, since I was going out with a friend, I was actually pretty dressed up (teal skinny jeans, white fitted shirt with a laced collar, my trusty rainbow bracelet). My friend actually complimented me that I looked 23 years old, we were talking about birthdays and stuff so when I told him I recently turned 27 he was somewhat shocked. Also, smudged my lip-gloss all over the tea cup, which was embarrassing.

So I sat there and was in good spirits so I decided, what the heck, I’ll just turn around and eye this guy up. So I turn and I start looking at him (bottom to top) and as soon as my eyes reached his eyes I noticed he was watching so I barely managed to pull off a smile and turn away. Interestingly enough he was adamant about staying behind the bus stop, even moved behind the advertisement section so I couldn’t see him. So I moved a bit and wound up in direct line of sight (didn’t look at him, allowed him to look at me).

At that point he was at arm’s length behind me, I’m guessing he even smelled my perfume and stuff, got a really good look at my ass (or so I hope). So the bus came in and as I went towards the doors he quickly went in front of me and then slowly got on the bus, I followed while getting a very good look at him. He was around 18-20 years old, obviously doing fitness (wide body, defined but not too much). My gay senses were tingling the first time I saw him but now… after I saw him up close I was sure he was not straight.

So we get on the bus and he darts off to the middle section, I do not follow (don’t ask why, I’m stupid like that). So I positioned myself near the door we entered like about two meters from him and there were quite a lot of people. As I said I was in a very good mood so I had my “I don’t care about other people’s opinion” attitude and I started eyeing him. During the next several stops I looked at him, tried to smile sincerely… He sat there as if he was frozen, only occasionally looking at me to see me looking back at which point he quickly looked down and to the side.

So we rode the bus and I decided to give it a rest, as I was feeling that I might be creeping him out. So I stopped eyeing him and with my peripheral vision I notice, he started looking at me, like… a lot. Had to move to accommodate some elderly woman so I positioned myself in such a way as to grab the railing with my left hand (the one I hold the rainbow bracelet on) and at that point, the whole bus could see it (including him). Every time I glanced at him I saw him staring at me then looking away.

Several bus stops later, I re-positioned myself back and just continued to look at him. At this point, he stopped… On the very next stop he started moving towards the door (just one stop before mine… damn!). Now what I found curious here was that he chose the longer path towards the door, with more people in the way, just so that he can pass in front of me. He was very close to the back doors yet he came towards me, very slowly and trying hard not to look at me. I could see him, barely moving as if he was frozen and staring straight ahead, not even looking left or right to see the railings he was grabbing. At this point I tried hard to imprint his image into my head, even thought about taking a photo with my cell phone but decided against it.

He went off the bus and as soon as he set foot down he darted off left, like… really fast walking! Did not turn to look at me, even as the bus passed by him. He suddenly became quite fluid in his movements, was “jamming” (is that what kids these days call it?) to a song and just went in a direction that made no sense… There was nothing in the direction he was heading, apart from my stop 1-2 kilometers down the street. Also, during the whole trip, there was a somewhat cute girl next to him, he did not even register her… not once (trust me I watched…). Nor did he “jam” to his music, he was like… frozen.

Just to finish this off with as much details as possible, he had long straight brown hair, swiped to one side, prescription glasses with black plastic frames that looked so cute on him! And a pair of headphones by a brand that I couldn’t see, at least they weren’t the typical Beats by Dre crap. White shirt and gray shorts that looked somewhat baggy on him. Shaved arms and legs and a very nice tan, perhaps a swimmer?! He had something like a goatee but not that obvious, was really short and due to his hairs being blond/brown it didn’t really stand out on his skin. He was very huggable, immediately after I started “expecting” him in the bus, the urge to just go there and hug him came over me like… nothing before.

Now my problem is that… I knew what I could do, the moment I got on the bus, I could have just gone over there and asked “hey, excuse me but do I know you, you look so familiar” “no, okay my name is blah, blah, blah, and here’s my number”… or at the very least, go stand next to him… I did neither of those two things and I’ll most likely never see him again, and this is eating me up inside to a point where I’m obsessing way too much over it.

I just don’t know, please, someone, tell me what you would have done in this situation. Was it wrong of me to stare like that, would it have been wrong of me to go and talk to the guy? With all the people around?

How does one exchange personal information in such circumstance…? I was thinking of probably making business cards, which would make my life very easy! Obviously not for the dating aspect of it but for my profession, and use them for dating as well as a bonus.

The weighted at the place where me and my friend went was also eyeing me… what was I to do then? Write my number on the receipt? I didn’t have a pen and his colleagues were kind of watching… God I’m terrible in these situations… Please someone give me a clue!

2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a great story. I loved your flirt at the stop but as you pointed out, the follow through ended up being a dead end. The problem is you are trying too hard to figure out where the line is. My advice is error on the side of being horribly embarrassed. :grin: It is helpful to come up with a few good ways to break the ice in various situations. A move I like on mass transit is to walk up to the guy and ask if I can take his picture with my cell. I've done this many times and have gotten all kinds of reactions but it's always been a great way to break the ice. People love to be admired.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

If some guy came to me and asked to take my photo, my first "automated" response would be to say "no". So i find it hard to believe this will work but will try it, as soon as i can gather the courage to do so!

Thanks for taking the time to actually read the whole story. ^^

4. Silver Springs

Oh, that is just the cutest story ever! It's like a romcom! I'm sure you'll see him again, you just have to, fate demands it!

5. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess you do have to be careful. I have had some nasty responses, a few fuck-offs and I thought this one woman was going to actually hit me. I neglected to ask her first. I apologized profusely and we ended up having a nice conversation after she calmed down. Most people are okay with it. I hooked up with a guy who became one of my best friends. It was on a bus coming back from Boys Town at about 2 am. He had the most amazing hair and I just wanted a picture of him in a natural setting. I wasn't trying to meet up with him or anything and that's probably why it worked out. When he asked me why I wanted his picture I was too embarrassed to say it was because of his hair so I just said I like taking pictures of interesting looking people, which is true. He wanted to know what I thought was interesting about him and when I told him I thought his hair was fantastic I could tell he was really complemented and we got along really well after that. But I've used a similar line on other guys and had them tell me it sounded like a superficial come on so you never know how it's gong to be taken. But you always miss every shot you don't take so you might as well try something.

6. shinji

shinji Guest

Sorry to bump this somewhat deprecated thread but… Here is the brilliant plan I came up with. For several weeks, on the same day (Friday) I’m going to go to the same bus stop at around the same time and just sit there and wait to see if I can see him again. If I do see him I’m going to try the “hmm I think I know you, no… then allow me to introduce myself” approach.

I know this is a very desperate and stupid idea but… I have nothing better to do and perhaps, maybe I’ll see someone new?

Opinions?! :icon_redf

7. robotman

I love it^^. Please do it and tell us how it goes. I absolutely love stories like this lol, I want something like this to happen to me lol.

8. Silver Springs

Oh, go ahead! So romantic.... *swoon*.

9. SevenDevils

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is such a cute story! I think your plan of going to the same stop is sound, and probably the best chance you have of seeing him again... Wish I had the courage to put myself out there like that!

10. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it! It's neither desperate nor stupid.

If he rides this route regularly and if he's the least bit interested, it should work. And yes, in any case, you will meet someone new.

I can hardly wait to read Chapter 2!

~Milan

---------- Post added 11th Sep 2014 at 04:15 PM ----------

P.S. Don't be "grumpy" when you do this.