1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Serious Need of Advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by rawrimacow, Sep 6, 2014.

1. rawrimacow

Okay so I'm just going to go through what happened, and you'll probably figure out what i need advice on but it'll be at the bottom after the story type thing anyway.

So, My friend was having a "party" (not really a party just like 11 of us going bowling and eating cake) for her birthday and while we were bowling i was sitting beside this girl and we had our arms around each other because are both naturally very touchy people and ive known her for awhile so it was just a friendly comfortable gesture. So we are just laughing and talking when my french exchange student comes up and jokingly asks if we are dating and i jokingly said yes so for the next like half hour i was kidding around making her sit on my lap and claiming her to be my girlfriend. I of course figured both of us were kidding right? well i'm talking to her and i somehow got to the point were i jokingly claimed to be bisexual and she asked me if i was serious or if it was part of the joke and i told her no i was just kidding and she told me she was a lesbian which apparently LITERALLY EVERYONE BUT ME KNEW so at first i was kinda in shock because yeah she kinda made it obvious but im oblivious apparently but i moved on pretty quickly and i kept the whole dating thing going only now that i knew she was like well are we actually dating or no? and i have no idea why but i said i donno if you want to and now we are both confused as hell and ive always kinda considered myself straight, i mean i've questioned before but i never really acted on it and i dont want to actually start dating her and go through all that just to decide yeah no i'm strictly into guys sorry and end up hurting her and causing a bunch of problems for both of us.

So basically ive screwed myself over and im just not sure what i should do here, i mean she suggested we go on a date and see but i dont want to do that and just cause more issues and confuse both of us even more and i just cant even begin to describe how effed up my entire situation is right now XD sooo yeah...

2. AsheTheHuman

Alright, just take a deep breath, okay? No need to panic over anything! It sounds like your friend is pretty easy going. Just tell her upfront that you're still not sure, but if she'd be willing, you'd still like to try going out and see what happens. It might be best to tell her even before the date though, just in case she says no. It sounds like she's pretty cool, so you shouldn't have much to worry about. Good luck!<3

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agree with the other response. Just be completely honest about where you are with things. Tell her what you've told us and see how things go.