1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everything I do is wrong

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by artist92, Sep 8, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everything I do, I screw up. My grandmother, who is one of my heroes, told my sister that she didn't even want to listen to anything about me. She has told my sister that my dad must be so embarrassed because I have a lip ring. Everyone talks about how they hate it, or hate my hair, or hate my clothes,or hate my attitude, or hate everything about me. Every single thing I do is wrong, and I just hate myself. I wanted to keep my piercing, but I cant now that I know everyone hates it. I like my hair black, but nobody else does. I'm trying to grow out my hair, and like EVERY THING they hate that too. I'm losing so many people around me, and nothing helps me to move past all this pain. My mind feels like its drowning.

2. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I might as well add the music I listen to. Apparently, its evil too. If I can just do one thing right...

3. Lina13

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel so sorry for you. It's hard when you get no support by your family, but don't give up and be yourself. They come around eventually. :slight_smile:

4. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there babe :/ Sorry you have to go through all this... The people you thought loved you are only missing out on having a relationship with such a cool person. It's their loss. If they can't accept you the way you are, then screw them right? It's tough I'm sure, but you have to stay true to yourself. That sounds cheesy, but you can't reverse everything you have done just to please them. It's not worth it. Just stay true to yourself and be strong. Know the one day, you will admire the courage you had and that you will find a better place soon. Hang in there (*hugs*) Message me if you ever need to talk or get some support.

5. SortaLadyLike

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you look fantastic :grin: I have my lip pierced too, everyone hated it but they don't notice it anymore and they don't care, I also had black hair the no one approved of but it grew on them...same with tattoos and so on. In the end it's your body, you should express yourself the way you feel is right and maybe try to surround yourself with people who like you that way..I know it's much easier said than done though. Just know that even though people around you may not like your style there are thousands who would love it, like me! :grin: And there are tons of people who share your interests and your struggle, you aren't alone and in the end, you are better off learning to accept yourself, there will always be lots of people who disagree with ANYTHING you do <3 The one's worth changing for..well..they won't want you to change :slight_smile:

6. AKTodd

Predicating your happiness on the approval of others is never a good option.

Yes, I know, they're your family. So what? They are merely human, and their opinions are no better just because you share genetic material.

Live your life in a manner that makes YOU happy. Those who are going to insist that you fall into line for the sake of their emotional complacency are not worth your time. Those who insist that what you're doing is 'wrong' simply because it is not to their taste - are telling you more about their own fears and prejudices than about any fundamental truths.

Per your profile you are an adult and your family has really lost any right to expect you to conform to their preferences. If you are living in a situation where they have some measure of power in that regard - I'd suggest doing everything in your power to change that situation ASAP.

Take care and best of luck in making your own path in life.(*hug*)

Todd

7. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The truth! Elegantly put.