1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happening Again :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by funnynate, Sep 9, 2014.

1. funnynate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The last few weeks, I was finally getting back on track enjoying friends company and living life to the max(hopefully), then all of a sudden I started feeling depressed and suicidal all over again when I started school again to repeat my final year I barely have any friends anymore due to all mine gone to college plus all the lads in the year feel the need to act abusive towards me around their friends to look big(I got depressed after this) and we have only been back at school 2 weeks, I thought to myself why do I keep bothering to fight when no matter where I go there are people like this everywhere and that's when the suicidal thoughts began again, it feels like all this progress that I had made has been useless, all the money spent on a therapist/counsellor down the drain. It feels like I haven't been happy in months. I didn't even celebrate my 18th birthday last weekend due to these feelings.

#1 funnynate, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  2. AsheTheHuman

(*hug*)I'm sorry man. High School's hell. Sounds like you should start going to a therapist again if you're feeling suicidal. We can try, but we'd never be able to replace the face to face interaction and expertise they have. What we can offer, however, is support. You'll get through this, I promise! Good luck, okay? <3

3. funnynate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for the reply :slight_smile: I just really hate going to the therapists I think they think I am going mad, I would talk to my mother but she sometimes doesn't believe that I could feel this way and chooses to blank me when I need her most :icon_sad:

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course you are not going mad. You have been through an awful lot funnynate and the love and support you really needed was not there.. it still isn't by the sound of it. I remember the reasons for your previous visits to the therapist/counsellor and they were completely legitimate. This is a legitimate reason too. If you are struggling to deal with everything don't even hesitate to go back and don't hesitate to tell us how you are feeling too.

When you have really depressed and despairing feelings, the last thing you should do is bottle them up and try to cope alone. We're with you funnynate.