1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel lost and hurt and I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by mskay72, Sep 10, 2014.

1. mskay72

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I came out almost a year ago. The experience was completely horrific. I often get triggered by certain things that remind me of coming out. Then I have panic attacks or I go emotionally numb or I get depressed.
    I got triggered tonight for the second time this week. I hate this so much. I feel like it's never going to get better and that I'll always be broken and hurt by everything that happened when I came out. I feel worthless and like my family will never love me because I'm not straight. It hurts so much.
    Whenever I get triggered, the feelings of depression linger for days. I have to work tomorrow (with children) and it's my first day back and I can't be sad. I guess what I'm trying to ask is…how do I stop feeling this way? What are some ways to cope or distract myself?

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry to hear about the horrific experience when you came out. It always saddens me to hear about this sort of thing and you shouldn't be left with these feelings of worthlessness.

Coping often starts with talking/sharing and I'm wondering if you can tell us more about what happened, if it won't hurt you too much? Remember, we are all in the same boat here, so you are talking to people who will offer love and support. You'll not be judged here.

3. Blossom85

Hi Hun,

I'm sorry your coming out wasn't a positive experience for you.. I don't have much to advise as I don't really have panic or anxiety attacks, I just wanted you to know that if you need to talk it all out and be around supportive understanding people, you have come to the right place. The only advise I could really offer would be to perhaps talk to a professional who might be able to help you make sense of everything and how to get through it. I'm here if you need anything Hun xx

4. WannaBeMe

All I can say for you is read. It really does help, all you have to do is find the right book and basically involve yourself with the characters problems the ones that seem so simple but are so exhilarating. Just lose yourself in it. If your not a big reader start downloading music and keeping it on a device with headphones at the ready. A good place to go is Youtube to MP3 all you have to do is go to a youtube music videos/ lyric video and copy the URL or web address then copy it into the little bar that the other website tells you to put it in. I've gotten so much music that way. It usually helps me calm down. It makes me feel like I'm not the only one. I really hope this helped. P.S. The music downloader is completely free.