1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

here goes another straight crush

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by out4now, Sep 12, 2014.

1. out4now

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope this is the right place to post this...

Hi I am 23 and a lesbian - more in theory than practice - and I am so sick of falling for straight women, which is kind of inevitable since they are EVERYWHERE.

This time around is even worse because I met her at work. I started there earlier this year and I remember the first time I saw her I was starstruck. Forget about love this was lust at first sight. Ever since that moment it's just got worse. We are not actual co-workers, we don't get to work in close quarters but I do see her everyday.

We bump into each other in the cafeteria from time to time but I can't ever manage to get out a decent sentence I am so overwhelmed by my feelings :eusa_doh:

This is so frustrating, first I'm pretty sure she's straight and she's way older than me (which I admit is more my type), but the fact is that I cannot get her out my head. Seriously I am suprised I get any job done with her around.

I need help because I think it's showing. I try not to but I can't stop looking at her from across my desk (her desk is quite far off but still close enough) and I think she caught me looking. I so do not need this. I just want to get over her and move on :dry:

I have read countless blogs on the subject but it's just not helping, so I just thought I needed to actually talk about it.

Any tips/advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers

2. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh fuck. Straight girl crush. I feel for you. :tears:

I used to have a crush on my best friend. She was straight as well. I couldn't breathe around her. But that's another story.

Well the only thing you can do is just wait for the feelings to go away. Or you could talk to her. But she may feel threatened.

Don't really know much about it sorry. But that's what I did - waited for the feelings to go away. :tears:

3. out4now

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did they ever go away? Falling for a friend, that's a tough one too. I've been in your shoes but I actually told her and it ended badly :icon_sad:

This situation is different because we are complet strangers. This is so f* up :bang:

4. coolasacucumber

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You can strike up a conversation with her without saying "hi I fancy the arse off you!" So to speak...
    For example, When you next see her in the cafeteria, why not go to her table and say "excuse me, do you mind if I sit here?" And then strike up a friendly conversation. Ask her if she's seeing anyone, what her role is for the company, all the usual small talk questions. That way, you'll get a pretty good idea of whether or not there's any spark between you and you'll soon find out just how straight she is.

After all, a lot of people look at me and think I'm straight, when I can assure you I'm certainly not! So you never know, she might not be so straight after all.

If you don't take some sort of steps to find out, you'll never know. If you do some digging, so to speak, and you find that she's as straight as a ruler, then at least you'll know where you stand and can start to move on.

If you find out she's straight, let your feelings run their course and remember that in time, they will do precisely that and become a thing of the past. x

5. out4now

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I know for a fact that she has a kid so chances of her being gay are nil I think. I've tried making small talk but every time, someone else she knows well comes in and interrupts us. I can't compete with that.

Oh god she's so damn beautiful and so out of my league. How can I let my feelings run their course when I can't even distance myself? I mean I see her everyday and I have tried like ignoring her, pretending she's not around even but damn what a mission!

And her voice argh it's torture! and her laugh and her cute little feet when she walks around the office barefoot! I mean who does that?!

I'm ranting, thanks x