1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anorexia, Insanity, and Depression?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ThePrideInside4, Sep 13, 2014.

1. ThePrideInside4

So for about 2 weeks, I haven't eaten breakfast or lunch. In the mornings, there's simply just no time. And at school, none of my friends stay inside to eat. So if I eat, I have to eat all alone at a completely empty table. Then I miss the last call to go outside and I'm stuck there all alone. My mother is convinced that I have an eating disorder. I'm not entirely sure if I do or not. Do I? I don't think I do. There's simply just no time for food in my life unless it's dinner. I usually just want to spend lunch outside with my friends, because that's the only 45 minutes I ever get with them. I don't see them outside of school. I am worried about my weight though. My mom doesn't know that though. She thinks it, but I deny it.

She also said she had to "question my sanity" because I don't stand up for myself to bullies. I ignore them. They're usually just on the bus, so I put my earphones in and turn the rock music up all the way. Am I insane? Is something wrong with me?!

All of this has caused major migraines and depression. Ihave no idea what's wrong with me. And still, nobody knows that most of my depression and anxiety comes from not being able to tell anyone about my sexuality and genderfluidity. What do I do? I need to get to the bottom of things ASAP! :help: :frowning2:

2. Ryujin

First things first. We are here and we wove you (*hug*), you are an awesome person and will get all the help you need.

First, have you considered a) Getting up earlier to eat breakfast and b) Eating outside with your friends? Those are pretty much the first steps to getting your eating habits right again.

Second, I applaud you for ignoring the bullies :eusa_clap
    Some, like myself, haven't been able to do that and that isn't nice, but if you ignore them and can ignore them and let them just not affect you at all, then do that. As long as they aren't making you feel down, then just ignore them.
    I think you should tell your mum that ignoring bullies does not make you insane and if you're uncomfortable with that then ask her to stop.

Third, have you considered coming out to someone about your gender and sexuality? That could be a massive first step into making you stress less and you would have someone to help you when you're down.

Just wall message me if you need help, okay? (*hug*)

3. ThePrideInside4

Thank you so much for the great advice, I feel less crazy right now. :icon_redf

That's all great advice, but the lunch thing. We can't eat outside, we have to choose either to skip lunch and go outside or stay inside and eat. All of my friends ditch me, even if I ask one to stay.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been there, having issues with food and weight, migraines, etc... And I know how it feels. The migraines can be caused by lack of food, or by an imbalance of your hormones (this still happens to me, even at 30). Make sure you've got enough fuel to go throught the day. A good idea is to carry some apples on your backpack.

Did you ever had migraines before?

Check your bmi BMI Calculator
    Or even better, go to a doctor (not a psychologist or anything like that, just a doctor), and ask them about your eating habits. If you are losing too much weight too fast and feel never hungry, or you have negative feelings toward food or eating, you probably should worry.

Don't pay much attention to what your mother says. You don't need to prove to anyone anything. I think you are doing well by not paying attention to the bullies.

5. Water lover

Water lover Guest

Hey I eat pretty much exactly the same way I'll go roughly twenty four how's before eating again and I don't get hungry. What I have to say is that it's a slippery slope eat more lol. I am having to force myself to eat more regularly to get a healthy amount of nutrition and it sucks. You don't want to get sick at the sound of half a slice of toast in the mourning (been there done that not fun). I am not saying that you have a eating disorder but try to get on a better schedule.