1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving out anxiety...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by JustJJx, Sep 14, 2014.

1. JustJJx

Okay well, i've been wanting to move out for a while now, living at home is not doing my mental health any favors. I have 2 very good friends who have kicked out their previous room-mate and have offered me a place to move in to!
    I have all the details sorted, all i'm waiting on is work admin to be completed so i can move in and start working straight away. I really want this to work, like badly!
    But whenever i think about it and all the things i will have to do, i get really bad anxiety :frowning2:
    I know it's time to move out and i really want this, but at the same time...i'm scared!

Did anyone else (who has moved out) get these feelings too? Is it natural? :/
    I need a hug :frowning2:

2. MonteGuy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I went through the same thing when I moved out of my parents house. My whole family is extremely homophobic so I absolutely needed to get out as soon as I could. Just like you I had really bad anxiety about it. I kept second guessing myself and stressing to the point my chest would hurt. But in the end I ended up buying my own condo and just going for it. I will admit it took a lot of getting used to but I am extremely glad I did it. When I go visit my parents it reminds me all over again of why I did it and I know I made the right choice. So my advice to you is if you feel deep down that this is right for you go for it! It's totally normal to be anxious about it. It's a big step in your life. Hugs!! (*hug*)

3. Stress is hard. Even good stress--like doing stuff that you want to do and know you need to do. I had a ton of anxiety when I was getting ready to move and it seemed like everything was coming together to make sure I had the hardest time possible--but that was just my stress talking and not what was actually happening. If you're anything like me, it all seems way too overwhelming and like there's not enough time to get it all done. There is enough time and you definitely can move out. You definitely can get it all done.

Try not to lump all of the things you need to get done into a huge terrifying pile of responsibility and anxiety. Break it down into tiny little pieces. First I gotta do x, before I can do y, and after that I can do z. You can't do everything all at the same time and there's probably stuff you're worrying about that isn't even a problem yet. So try and remind yourself that you are able do all of these things, and it's not that bad if you keep putting one foot in front of the other and getting each little portion done in its own time.

Hope that helps!

and (*hug*)

4. JustJJx

You both have put my mind to ease, THANK YOU!
    *HUGS FOR EVERYONEZ* (&&&)

I'm really sorry to hear your family are like that MonteGuy, thats awful *hugs again*