1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What An Idiot I've Been

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Sep 14, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

I may have stopped using dumb words like Masculine and Feminine, but something is still niggling at me : the cause of the problem. A Year 10 boy called Regan made a status a few months ago saying " Got no problem with gay people, whatever floats your boat, but when they prance about like fairies it gets on my nerves." I commented saying we aren't all like that and then he said I'm one of them though ( he doesn't even know me?) After that, I watched every single movement I made, made sure I didn't sound "gay", and just constantly thought about what he said. Now just about every person I've met says I'm very Masculine and could never tell I'm gay. So why is it I still care about what some Oaf in Year 10 who doesn't even know me says about me?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm relating to every single thread you're posting, dude. :lol:

I'm the very same way. I think it's similar to how, sometimes, compliments make you feel 5% happier and criticism makes you feel 105% worse.

Just because he's a shitface doesn't mean he's not human. And for me, personally, I struggle with the opinions of my peers. But I got better. Now I'm starting to not give a damn.

How?

By raising my confidence and self-esteem.

I know that's hard, but when you reach it, it'll help you with many things. From making friends to being able to rely on yourself when you have no one else. It's a very good thing to invest in.