1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian at religious private college

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gremlin, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Gremlin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, so I'm a sophomore at a college that prohibits any "homosexual" behavior. It's really strict in other aspects too, such as no drinking. It has made life really hard because I won't be able to have a relationship here. However, I do want to finish my major here, I really like the school in other aspects and I have some really good friends here. I guess what I'm getting to is should I follow the rules (I could potentially get kicked out if I don't) or should I if/when the opportunity for a relationship comes up break the rules? It would obviously have to be kept hidden for the most part, which I know would have it's own challenges, but would it be worth it? If anyone has any advise for being an LGBT member at a religious school. Let me know please, would really help. Thanks

2. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also go to a religious private school. They've never really said there are rules about homosexuality within the school, but considering its a religious school, it would probably be frowned upon.

Anyway, I guess if you do end up in a relationship, you should probably hide it for the better. There's not much you can really do about it. All will be good once you graduate I guess, although I'm religious myself, I wouldn't want bible thumping teachers telling me that who I love is wrong and kicking me out for it (which is completely ridiculous).

3. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I don't think is hard to hide the relationship. As long as you are not kissing or doing anything obviously gay, you can easily deny anything. Also is easier for women to be gay unoticed cause there are certain behaviours that women do with their friends that would be considered too gay if done between guy friends.