1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay siblings?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TwinNumber2, Sep 16, 2014.

1. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

A few days ago my Dad told me that he suspects that his 50 year old cousin might be gay. That got me thinking, is being gay something that might run in families? Me and my twin brother are both gay so I always wondered whether it may be kind of genetic. So just out of interest does anyone else have gay siblings/relatives?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One that I know of. But that's it.

There's actually a debate going on about this. If you want to read up on it, just search up "gay gene" and you'll get a lot on it. :lol:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the saying goes, "it does except when it doesn't." As far as I can tell, I'm the only gay person in my family on both sides. (My sister's husband also has a gay brother - so I guess it runs in the family by marriage. :slight_smile: )

Lex

4. Litveninko

it's not true.

5. mfield123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My friend has a lesbian aunt who has a lesbian daughter. As well his sister is bi and his brother is gay. Sooo maybe ?

6. funnynate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my family I am Gay and I have 2 sister's that are both lesbian's and one of my aunty's is also a lesbian.

7. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Fathers brother, 2 of 3 cousins mothers side, 0 of 3 brothers

8. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the moment, I think I'm the only one in my family...

9. Dakeli27

There was this interesting idea in a short story, that the "gay gene" was found and one of the ideas was that homosexuality was a recessive gene and because homosexuals would not have children, they could care for their younger relatives, therefore making this an evolutionary advantage. I know the wording's weird, I'm tired, gimme a break.

10. Munyal

I think I'm the only one in my family at the moment, but my family is pretty small. I might have a second cousin who is mostly attracted to guys, but she's adopted.

11. Blossom85

I have a couple of distant family who are gay but no one in my extended or immediate family.. I have suspicions about a cousin whom I think he is either gay or very homophobic as he always whinging on his facebook and when people comment back, his only response is to make gay comments to the men who respond.. I commented back once saying was he over compensating for something and then suddenly all the gay comments including my comments I had made were gone off that status.. So if he is not gay.. He is homophobic..

Does anyone else know of others who are gay before they came out acting this way? He basically told my dad he needed to get a big black c*ck in him and has said similar things to other guys. He also steals my dad's phone and writes gay statues on my dad's facebook making out my dad wrote it.. Is he covering his own gayness or just really homophobic or just perhaps insensitive.

12. Emmanuella

My mom has always told us it ran on my father's side of the family.... lol!!

She said she knew there was a possibility one of might turn out to be gay because of a few of my aunts/uncles....

13. NatWheeled

Hmm, I had a gay great uncle on my moms side....that's it as far as I know....its not something my family talks about.

14. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Genes are not only about being dominant and recessive, there's a lot more to it. So yes, I think it might be very possible indeed.

15. nrazor

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gays run strong in my family...

16. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

One of my friends at school was extremely homophobic and later came out as gay. I used to accuse others of being gay to divert suspicion away from myself which I feel pretty guilty about now. However, no where near to the extent that your cousin has!