1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sending a letter to my younger sister.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dano218, Sep 17, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all I want to say I am sorry for the several posts the last few days. It been a year since I left home and I was looking for all sorts of advice I needed and have no intention of annoying people it is just things just keep popping up.

My younger sister was hurt when I left home unexpectedly and unintentionally. Now that she graduated High school I want to send her a message and explain what I went through and why I did when I left.

Here is face book post I put on face book to push back rumors and that is the kind of message I want to send my sister.

wanted to clear up rumors whether they go through my family or my hometown and get everyone on the same page. Through my time in detroit lakes I accepted myself as gay and had a very hard time being who I was. I was a shy person to begin with and never really expressed my feelings to anyone. I also struggled with depression and thoughts of suicide. So I just decided to leave with my boyfriend and I was afraid nobody would understand it so I did not tell anyone. I am sorry for that and I am sorry if it made anyone think less of me as a person. Because of the depression and isolation I was going through living in small town and dealing with hostility from others I only thought about myself and the fact I wanted to live and was afraid I wouldn't be alive with I stayed in such a environment. So I know I am a open book with no more reason to hide anything and I hope people think I a not a bad person for what I did and how I did it. The past is the past anyway and I just want to enjoy the future.