1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsa?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Dakeli27, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Dakeli27

I found out my school has a GSA. Who's been in a GSA and what's it like? I'm pretty busy but I could probably make time for it.

2. StillHere

I haven't been to mine but I know a gist of what they do (here). Mainly they just talk about LGBT+ issues as well as make a bunch of friends in that group. They spread awareness through posters and do fundraisers for charities.

3. LD579

They can really vary depending on the school and who's attending the club on that specific day, too. Sometimes they can basically just be safe spaces for people to express themselves and be who they are without worry, and other times there might be specific topics or goals in mind, like raising awareness, fundraising, and fun events or games, too =] At the GSA I created, it was mostly a very casual thing, with specific topics sometimes as well as events/dances that we hosted and prepared for in a variety of ways. Remember that everyone attending is at the very least willing to learn more and try to be accepting, which is a very special thing to have in high school when many peers just go with what their friends or group think.