1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to change my name

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by artist92, Sep 17, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So my first and middle name are Caleb Daniel, but I will change it to Alexis Skylar. I dont know when/if I can leave the house but hypothetically lets say I move out tomorrow. When is the right time to change my name? Do I do it immediately, soon after, or wait a long time?

2. Blossom85

That is a question I think only you will know for sure when you are ready to take those steps. Changing your name is a very personalized and individual thing. One person might be ready to change it immediately, others might wanna wait some more time.. There is no right or wrong answer, just when you are personally ready. Sorry if I haven't helped much, but I just think it's all down to you, when you feel ready to make that change cause it is quite a big step.. Once you change your name, you might feel more comfortable being who you are.. But as I said.. Only you will know when you are ready for that step.

3. June Cleaver

I have been June since 1992,I was 20 yo then but I maintaining a phony male John which I sucked at! I am known by everyone as June these days and hate being called John! In public down to Osteen Volvo who services my cars. I AM June. Are you only Alexis? June

4. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I am Alexis, and I hate being called my other name.

5. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And thank you too Blossom85

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are regularly going by Alexis, you might want to change your name earlier. Also, I'm not certain exactly how accurate the age on your profile is, but you might want to look into the name change proceedure in Georgia. Up here where I work in Michigan, if you are over 22 you need to do more things to get a legal name change than if you are under 22.

7. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. Only 1 person calls me by that name because I haven't been allowed to ask people to call me that. As far as laws go, I have researched it here. Its expensive but not too bad. Mainly have to pay money then it has to be shown in a newspaper for a few weeks, then go to a court or something, and pay some more then badabing badaboom.

8. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi friend! My cousin Ted changed his name to Tegan and he currently works for Microsoft, so don't feel like you can't change your name if you want to.