1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

depressed? I don't think so....

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Emmanuella, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Emmanuella

I really don't think I'm depressed. I don't FEEL that way...I mean, I can laugh and smile and feel content often times. But according to all those stupid commercials, I have all the classic symptoms....

For the last month or so,well progressively over the summer, I have become less and less social with my friends. I have MANY friends, but have been neglecting these friendships and being lazy about maintaining relationships. Normally, I would be concerned about my social life but at this point I'm not worried. I don't care. I'm at peace with whatever happens...even if I lose almost all my friends. That worries me to an extent as I don't want to one day wake up feeling lonely.

Second, I feel like staying home in bed all day...watching soap operas, playing my computer game, doing bits of housework....and doing TONS of crafts. I love crafts. Lately, I have been feeling like I just want to do what I want to do, without care of what anyone else thinks. I find myself staying home as much as possible and just counting the days till my next full weekend so I can hibernate.

That's all I want to do. Hibernate. I'm slightly concerned, since that's not normally me.... im usually the type that can't stay in for too long without being driven to boredom. I mean, I still work 5-6 days a week. But after work I just want to go home. My one day off I just want to spend in bed.

Am I just getting old?! I don't think it's depression? !? Though my life is rather dull, I'm not particularly bothered by that fact...for the time being.

Wow what a long post and I basically answer my own question. :rolle:

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best way to know is to see a doctor about it.

3. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the most insidious things about depression is how it sneaks up on you. It can be hard to see that you are struggling with a problem. I would talk to a doctor and do whatever you can to manage your stress levels. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be alone and chilling out if you are not avoiding getting important stuff done and you are happy. You don't have to be social if you don't feel like it. I know I am quite the hermit myself.

4. dampgrand4

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a very antisocial and depressed person myself, and when I fall asleep at night I just don't want to wake up in the morning. Even though I have these thoughts in my head, I know that it's just a temporary feeling. One day you're going to wake up and feel like a new and improved you. I know I'm going to sound so cliche right now but, It gets better. I know it does. Also, my dad has bipolar disorder and your description kinda sounds like it. Maybe you should get that checked out by a doctor, or try going to a therapist. I hope this helps! :0)

5. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh I dealt with depression last year and Paxil helped me a ton. I missed almost half of my junior year and was homeschooled during that. But now thanks to medication and therapy, I'm doing better than ever! Make sure you reach out to others if you're feeling depressed.