1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stay calm...everything will be fine

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TeePee, Sep 19, 2014.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've said the above words to myself countless times....to myself.

I started varsity last year. Before then, i had spent a year working full time. On most days i'd work 13 hours straight. I was ok with that as it afforded me a close to comfortable life - i was making real progress in many areas of my life. The main reason i started working, though, was to raise tuition for my varsity education. I managed to pay for almost the entire year and also cover transport.
    You see, my family has always been the kind that only ''supports'' one verbally...they mostly never attach actions to their words. Example, i almost did not finish high school because the whole family couldn't help me raise $100 for exams (i couldn't work at the time) until a stranger offered to pay in exchange of me taking care of his house.
    For the past year or so we've been getting along very well. During the past winter (june...i'm in Africa) i didn't have work and i was on a 3 month holiday from school so they invited me for ''time to unwind and relax'' (they live in a neighbouring country). They promised to help me with tuition for my 2nd year. A big part of me didn't beleive they would but i silenced that little voice.
    Fast foward to a week ago, after weeks of being on their case about the money all their ''efforts'' yield nothing (now, that's a huge surprise!).
    I'm still stuck in that country, i have no money to go back. Schools opened on monday and i don't a dime to my name.

How am i feeling? I'm angry, mostly at myself for being so stupid and naive. I try to stay positive...mostly it works but i can't help be a little resentful towards them. I beleive i played a part in enabling all this, but it's done.
    Next step...i'll get as many part-time jobs as i can. That means weeks of sleepless and stressful nights.

Sorry for the long post...i just needed to ''say'' it out loud....for my sanity.

Thanks for reading