1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom won't allow me to stay up all night with a friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RedFireFly, Sep 19, 2014.

1. RedFireFly

This will sound REALLY childish, but I am still kinda a child XD

So my friend asked me about 20-30 minutes ago if I wanted to try to stay up all night with him. I went and asked my mom, and she said no. I asked why not, and she just said "You have school on monday, so you will have to do it over a longer break." (It's saturday tomorrow if you didn't know)
    I think it would be great for me, as I have social anxiety, and can't ask my friends to hang out myself.

so, anyone got any ideas how to get my mom to say yes? I managed to do it before, but that was during summer break...

2. Yosia

Is he actually round yours or do you mean over the phone? If its the second then just do it, she wont know :3
    If its the first then maybe say an excuse like "i still have tomorrow and sunday to recover"

3. Blossom85

As someone who loves sleep and respects sleep.. I can't give you much advice I am afraid.. I can get to a out 3am and then my mind gets fuzzy, I get a headache and start to feel sick if I am up much longer, so I will give you the only advice I can give.. Cherish every single moment of sleep you can while you can.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might tell her that you will catch up on sleep till monday... you probably will be tired during the next two days and just give in when you're tired, napping a bit during the days... a short nap can make up for a bit of sleep...

and I wouldn't overdo it... it might be your goal to stay up... but if you're really tired just sleep for a while... had that too, with friends, and it was not fun after being really tired, so its better to just go to bed at some point...

and in general, value your sleep time... you're much more fresh after a good sleep...

5. Abdadhie

Tell her you won't stay up all night and then just do it. Anyway, generally you want to stay up all night and then just crash :lol:

6. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should not ask to make a radical change in the routine suddenly like this, it makes parents nervous and it makes you look impulsive. You may have good arguments but they won't outweigh your parents natural tendency for caution. Also, when you look impulsive you give the impression that you have bad judgement which only increases the likelihood that your requests will be rejected. Instead negotiate these things you want over time and do things that strengthen your position like having good grades.

7. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well your mom just wants the best for you, don't take it personally. I know very few guys who still have sleepover events, so don't feel left out or anything.

8. RedFireFly

So my mum told me about 1-2 hours ago that I'm allowed to, but I have to wait a week... And I think we're just gonna talk over skype.
    My room is too close to my parents bedroom, so I'm not gonna risk it

9. Hexagon

Just don't tell her. Use earphones.