1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My homophobic pastor won't leave my family alone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Sep 20, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    He wants my mom to come to some event. He's having on Sunday ,plus he's having some events all week. I don't want to be a part of it because I already told them and my family I don't want anything to do with this church. The pastor still calls my house , and it seems like he's still trying to get me to come back, my mom wants to go back to this church. I decided to see someone at the lgbt center that deal with coming out.

2. SeaSalt

I dont know what things are like in the US but in the UK I have a hunch that this would fall under harassment.

3. Ryujin

That's what I was thinking. If you've told him you don't want to but he carries on, I think that would be considered harassment

4. Benway

Benway Guest

Yeah, I usually don't advocate having one homophobic fraternity fight another but if you just call the cops they'll probably go over to this pastor and be like "Hey, you're bugging people, knock it off or we'll bust your teeth in and make you sign several days worth of paperwork." He'll leave you alone.

5. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, you can use harassment as threat, next time he calls you can say "If you don't stop to call me, I'm going to report you". Actually, I suggest you to not report him seriously, I don't know how things work where you live, but here the Pastor would be seen as a martyr (yeah, I love my country).

Anyway, I think that the greater problem is your mother IMO, she wants come back at this Church so your behavior with the Pastor could become reason of contrast between you. You should say her what are your reasons.

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This church has already shown its stripes. This is why I believe God enabled us to have caller ID. :wink:

7. Meander

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stocking, my advice is to simply come clean to your mother why you cannot tolerate this piece-of-shit pastor anymore. If that doesn't work, then I will have to side with the people who are saying "REPORT HIM." Because I'm pretty sure what he's doing is harassment.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I told her why but she laughed at it and said what does him saying homophobic things have to do with me
    , then she said she never heard him say anything homophobic. I can't tell her I'm lesbian because she will force me to go to that church even more , and God knows that pastor is going to do worse.

---------- Post added 20th Sep 2014 at 12:07 PM ----------

I agree

9. Really

Ask them why they seem to have such an unnatural obsession with all things homosexual. Is there something they want to get off their chests? Because you're here for them if they do. Jesus loves everyone.:dry: