1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to say to my parents?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by siggalena, Sep 21, 2014.

1. siggalena

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I'm going to this lgbtq YA get-together tonight, but I'm not exactly out of the closet. I came out of the closet once and went back in. Yeah. That can happen when you're not ready!
    I think my parents are like suspicious when it comes to my sexuality so maybe they already know, I just don't know the words to say. And yes, I'm ready to tell them. It's been ca. 5 years since that disaster of a coming-out so it's cool.

And no, I won't lie to them. I don't have any friends so that'd be too difficult.

Thanks guys.

2. Fruit Topping

Write a letter. I found that way easier then letting it all spill out like word vomit. Find examples (I think there are some on this site) of coming out letters. Get some ideas of what to say. When your ready hand it to them and await for what will happen next. Beware though this may happen super fast after that. Once I told my parent, my whole family knew. Which I was fine with but after that the entire school and neighborhood. Everyone knew and I wasn't ready for that. Takes some adjusting to though.

Good luck.

3. IwillBeStrong

I haven't outed myself yet so I'm not speaking from a place of experience but I'd also go with a letter or just a video. Take a video where you talk freely about all the things that you want to tell them and let the emotions take over you. Then you should hand it to any of them and make them watch it together. ( you can go to your room or stay there with them) I think this way it'll be much easier for you to get heard and express yourself.
    Hope it helps dear!
    All the best :slight_smile: