1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Clubs

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RAdam, Sep 21, 2014.

1. RAdam

So I kinda want to make some LGBT friends in real before I come out... Like a safetynet of new friends in case my bond with my old friends will break/water when I come out. Thing is people say join local LGBT Clubs there you will meet new friends, so I've done some looking online and I can only find clubs for mostly Lesbians or clubs that are very feminine.. Like they host barbie themed parties and such.. I live in Amsterdam and so far the only non feminine social LGBT club I could find that doesn't come across as for feminine people is the Christian gay one but that's not for me haha... Any tips, thx!

2. IwillBeStrong

Have you searched if there are any LGBT pages for peopel from Amsterdam on Facebook?
    You'll be surprised by how many groups may already exist and once you're in there you could ask for a meetup or something. Another advice would be to go to any gay clubs or anything if that should help meeting friends? Or if you have any gay friends or lesbian friends ask them whether or not they could introduce you to another gay man they know.
    Hope this helps. All the best! :slight_smile:

3. RAdam

I don't have any LGBT friends at all hehe, and going out alone is too awkward for me haha and besides I heard meeting people in clubs is a bad idea because people are just there trying to get laid/ have fun not to make serious friends

4. RAdam

Update: didn't find anything on Facebook either :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. IwillBeStrong

Oh okay .. well the thing about clubs may be partly true but I'm sure if you really wanna meet some people you'll definitely find someone and once you get to know at least somebody they will hopefully introduce you to other people. Or another option could be to go to Pride. Although I'm giving you all of these advices I totally feel you .. Its so much easier said than done. I hope you'll find a way :slight_smile: