1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I regret coming out so much...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gaynerd64, Sep 21, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

I haven't been active on EC in a while because of school, but I have a legitimate problem right now. I finally came out to my parents over the summer (A disaster on my part) and have been feeling guilty since. To make matters worse my parents act as if I never came out in the first place. They still ask me when I'll have a girlfriend, which girls I find hot, etc. It almost seems like they forgot or that I simply never mentioned it.

2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've known a lot of guys who have experienced the same thing. They probably think it's a phase. Funny thing is, they are the ones going through a "phase" they just don't realize it yet. Usually bringing home a bf will make them see the light. Hang in there!

3. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's cliche but it will get better. Try to do your best and it will come around.

4. Blossom85

I'm sorry you are feeling this way, i think you have two choices..

1: Do nothing and just do your best to find things that make you happy and just leave a conversation till you get a bf. You could also just point out a hot guy in front of your parents as well, treat it like they heard you and just act that way, instead of saying that girl is hot as straight men would say "That guy over there is really cute don't you think" and see their reaction then.

2: Sit them down and have another discussion about it, and just make them aware that is is not a phase and you don't find girls hot and that you are finding it uncomfortable when they treat you like you are straight when you aren't.

Hang in there and just stay strong whatever you decide to do.