1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Told It's My Fault Again

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Sep 21, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

I can't count how many times I've told this story on this forum, but I'm not going through it again, so read my previous forum posts before answering this one. Basically Mum decides to bring up my run-away and suicide attempt in February, and once again brings up my "attitude" and "rudeness." Now if you ask any of my teachers at my school, they will tell you I am not a rude person and never have been, so why would I do it here? Also, I may be rude at times, but I am used to my Dad talking to me like shit. Again, not an excuse. But as per usual, it's mine or someone else's problem. Mum conveniently chooses to ignore the fact that my Dad threatened to kill me after SHE and SHE alone outed me to my Dad, and then has the fucking audacity after shit happened to message my 3 older siblings and say "Thanks a lot, Dad's gonna walk out and I'm left with Myles(me) and my two autistic brothers." I somehow also said they were terrible parents, I didn't, I said I felt unsafe there, and that my Dad makes me want to break. My Mum still will not take any responsibility for this even though she's the one who said it. And she did the same thing to my Sister when she was my age. Sorry, I am just sick of being blamed for something I didn't do.

2. AsheTheHuman

I'm so sorry you have to live with all this. You've got four years ahead left in that house, plus you're probably just starting high school if you're 14. If you really don't feel safe than you should consider contacting DCFS. Your dad threatening to kill you is not a joke. He's only likely to grow worse as time goes on, and I'd be worried about your younger siblings. I don't know your full situation, but I truly wish you the best of luck. (*hug*)<3

3. Ex Ponto

If situation becomes worse, consider asking for help from someone outside your family.

I don't know whole story, but from what you wrote I guess you came out to your mum and she told your dad who didn't accept it well and threatened to kill you. You tried to run away from house and commit a suicide. That attempt of suicide freaked out your parents. Your mum seems not to know how to handle the situation, so she blames you for starting the events chain. He also doesn't know how to handle it. There were probably family arguments etc.

Your family should seek help. I don't live in the UK so I don't know how your public health system works, but there should be an institution that can help you with advices or something else.

If the period of accepting you being gay is still in process your parents, especially your dad, have to get used to the fact which needs time. During that time it may be hard for your family to find a way to live in harmony. There could be fights, hard words etc. You said that you felt like your dad was trying to break you. Your mum doesn't know how to sort things out or your dad refuses to accept that you're gay no matter what she's trying. She's probably torn between her child and husband and considers leaving your dad or being left. As I wrote, it needs time to sort everything out or to see if things cannot be sorted out.

After some time you will be able to see if things are going to work out or not. If they don't, you should consider moving out, but that requires to be old enough to support yourself which at 14, 15 or 16 years you are not. So, if your dad is producing bad atmosphere and if he doesn't stop it after some time, then your mum should really consider him not living with you. However if he's the only one that can support you, then it is a hard choice to make and she won't be able to easily decide to do something like that.

You're not guilty for this situation. What do your siblings think? May they help?

P.S. If you attempted a suicide, then my advice is to ask for professional help and even involve your parents.

Best of luck and be strong!

4. ZenMusic

I told my mun this nearly 2 years ago now, she's had more than enough time to accept it, and this entire situation happened in February. My Mum's friends' Mum was Bisexual, and she seems to think she now knows everything about gay people. My dad is Nigerian, which may explain a lot.

5. ZenMusic

My brother (who was estranged from us for 3 years) dislikes my father strongly and called him pathetic and to cut him off. I'd planned running away and told my brother, my sister mentioned in this post and my friend.