1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me, should I “like” him back?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shinji, Sep 23, 2014.

1. shinji

shinji Guest

This is only hypothetical… Obviously I have my own unique view on the matter but I am interested in seeing what other people think.

How do you know (can be sure) when someone has fallen for you, or simply likes you, when they don’t exactly specifically come right out and say it?

For example, something as specific as you meeting a friend, through another friend. Or maybe something random like a chance encounter in the public transport.

What signs do you look for in another person that tell you – “he/she likes me, maybe I should go talk to him/her”?

Now for the second part of my question…

Obviously if a person likes you, this does play a role (to what extent, depends on the person) in whether you yourself would like him/her back. When and how exactly do you decide the amount of importance this has on whether you “allow” yourself to like the person back?

How do you measure the positive and negative sides before taking the decision to go and talk to someone, both when you know for a fact that the person likes you and if you don’t know?

- After making a new friend trough another friend or trough social gatherings. If you like said person, what would you do, both in a situation where said person likes you back and in a scenario where he/she does not (or for example, when you simply can’t tell…)?

- After seeing someone in the public transport that you like (at first sight, if you will). What would make you decide to go talk to him/her and would it matter if you thought they liked you back and to what extent would it matter to your decision?

Sorry for being somewhat confusing…

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I spent 30 years of my life wondering just that, but after three decades the game gets kind of boring.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Was kind of hoping for a serious conversation on the matter, shame only you decided to pitch in. Guess the topic is not that interesting.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What's the matter, can't you read between the lines?

You are making tons of questions, and you are making them on an open thread. You have a right not to like my opinion, but you have no right to dismiss it just because you are unable to dig it.

This place is free for everyone to express whatever they want, as long as it is not insulting anyone. I did not insulted you, nor tried to make a joke about the subject.

Between the lines is my own experience, condensed in my opinion: You CAN'T be sure until they say it. They can show you, which is the first half, but without the words it remains incomplete.

That I posted my opinion doesn't have nothing to do with people not posting here. I am not that scary, you know...

#4 Michael, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  5. shinji

shinji Guest

How cute, you misunderstood me completely.

I read your post and understood you completely, i also mentioned that it was a shame that you were the only person who actually had something of value to add to the conversation. This was in no way meant as an insult or a sign of disrespect towards you as it was not my intention to devalue your opinion in any way.

As stated in the original post, i am keen on hearing what other people think on the matter and a single opinion is far from what i have hoped to add to my "collection" of ideas for my brain to process and later correlate my future behavior in similar situations as described above.

On a side note, you are like the second person who think i'm being mean and rude and... angry at them for no apparent reason. Is is the way i write or is it my distinct lack of "emoji's", attached to my messages? It's really peculiar to me...

6. Seagypsy

I think this is the same question we all ask, and its hard to know the answer! Until you meet someone awesome and your personalities connect, its hard to realise that someone has fallen for you... the best thing is when you both fall for each other! Then you know how strong your love is because you share the experience :slight_smile: