1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does it have to be that way?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dano218, Sep 24, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents and most of my relatives are all accepting of my sexuality. But my sisters who are 26 and 19 do not accept and I don't talk to my older sister anymore because of a huge argument we had. I know I should let this go and I wrote many posts on this but it just bothers me. Why of all the relatives and my parents who accept me they refuse to accept it. I done nothing to them to deserve their hatred and I don't think me being mean to them like any typical brother when I was a teenager would warrant any kind of grudge. My older sister used to accept gay people as she said but than when I came out it was the worst thing in the world. It was mostly because her husband's family is very conservative so she refuse to acknowledge a gay relative and believes I am doing it for attention because having a disability is not enough for me to get attention. My younger sister was never really homophobic but was always not comfortable with it and also said I did for attention. She always expressed a ok attitude with gay people but somehow me being gay was a bad thing. My parents say they have to stay out of it and I am so glad I got away from my family. It is so pathetic and it just does not make any sense. I tried taking to my younger sister but she never responds. My dad says I have to accept the fact I will lose my sisters like he lost his some of his sisters due to falling outs and to get over it.

2. AsheTheHuman

(*hug*) I'm sorry it has to be this way man. For now, it sounds like it's best to just let them be. It sounds like they're not too homophobic though, so hopefully one day they'll come around and realize how terrible they've been to you. I can't really make sense of it all either. Then again, homophobia is pretty senseless anyways, huh?

3. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry this is how that has to be (*hug*)
    But maybe they just need time to get used to it, it may be kind of a shocker that there brother came out as gay :/
    I hope you guy's relationship lends soon :slight_smile:

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. They knew I was gay for one or two years. My sister before her wedding a few years would harass me with text messages saying better keep your secret a secret and and that your selfish for doing this and that. She also complained about me having gay friends on facebook to my mother. These games have been going along for years so I think everything is ruined foever.

5. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Disability?
    And geez your sisters sound mean

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah I have several mild conditions but they don't affect my life in any major way. When I left my hometown I was suicidal and depressed and lost and just left. It was pretty much a psychological decision and my family apparently still hold it against me. What I need to do is find ways to get my family off my mind and just let it go in a healthy way. I have a probably where I overthink things and think about stuff more than I need to do. I probably have some case of OCD but who knows.

7. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hey dano. Sorry to hear about this. Pretty much my whole family, except for my Mom, thank goodness, and all of my "friends" dropped me after I came out. It hurts, I know.

Keep talking about it. We're here for you. :slight_smile:

8. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I just don't get why my parents especially my dad is ok with my sisters not accepting me and just hating on me. I think it is because he does not get along with his sisters so it doesn't bother him. I know it possible but it is weird that most of my family including my parents accept it but my sisters don't. It just does not make any sense. They have known about it for a few years and it still is something they cannot get around.

9. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

It might be that your Dad is just used to not having a relationship with his sisters, so this is "normal* to him.

I don't understand why your sisters would be Gay-positive until they found out *you* are Gay?

10. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah my dad said you need to get over your sister's actions because we are staying out of it and I don't get along with two of my sisters so there. So yeah it is normal and acceptable to him. I am just a sensitive person who values having a relationship with my family but he is careless than I am and if he does not get along with a family member he just says "fuck them". I know I that need to the same thing though and just say "fuck them."Same here. I been asking that question for years. My older sister apparently did it because her in-laws are conservative catholics who are very rich and she rather have their acceptance than accept me as I am. And she falsely claims my sexuality is a burden on everyone and i am doing it to cause problems with people. I think they are doing it intentionally to find a way to push me out of their lives while they really don't care if someone is gay. It is a hypocritical way to behave and they don't deserve a brother.

11. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

That's sad. They really don't deserve you.

My little brother, I had always thought we were close, he was the 2nd person I came out too. He was supportive at first, saying that he thought I wasn't straight, and that his wife had been GSA in college so go meet people and such. 6 months later, he cut all contact - *knowing* that all my friends had cut contact too. Months later, at Xmas, he calls, talking to Mom, insisting to talk to me.

When I finally take the phone, he's like "What's Up? Merry XMas!" like we used to. I just said, hey, I'm having the worst year of my life, nobody talks to me anymore, here's Mom.

12. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks again. My older sister is real manipulative person. She can tell a lie to anyone and make up stories to make anyone look bad. I wouldn't be suprised if my little sister followed in her path. I wouldn't be suprised if she tells anyone lies about me to make me look bad. I remember when she sent me rude texts and I asked my dad what that was about and than he called me back saying stop bothering your sister. She plays these games and at 26 she is still playing them. It is pure evil. However i need to just shut them out and burn every reminder of them. Sometimes even family is not meant to be in your live.

13. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Yeah, I kinda have to agree with that. My thing is, you don't have to like me, but I'm not going to pretend.

14. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly. She told them to keep it a secret and later I came out to everyone. I did not come out until after my sister's wedding to prevent problems and while my younger sister was in High School I did made sure no one in her school knew about it so she would not be harassed and my parents thanked me for that while that was a very hard thing to do. I done a lot to protect my family and how do they thank me by blaming me for my problems and everything i did.

15. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

For what it's worth, I think you've been more patient than they deserve. I think you, and I, are just going to have to build new "families".

16. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly. Family is not exactly who you are related too it is a groups of people who truly understand, care and accept you as you are.

17. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

18. shinji

shinji Guest

You did... You became the most interesting one in the family, out of the three of you.

19. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Excellent point!

20. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is a good point actually. I am different and unique in my own way and they are boring which is probably true.

---------- Post added 25th Sep 2014 at 11:51 AM ----------

But I cannot stand their hatred but I did get away from it and happy for that. It is easier to move on.