1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I gay? Curious? Bi? Or just confused??

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by derek994, Sep 24, 2014.

1. derek994

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No, I'm not confused about whether or not I like men because, well, I like men. BUT I also like women. I like women for their bodies, but emotionally, there is rarely anything there.
    But men, oh men, I want them in every way. I consistently see men around campus and, if I think they're good looking, I'd text my, now, ex girlfriend and tell her about the gorgeous men.
    So, I'm not sure why, but my girlfriend does not even think that I like men, even if I talk about guys all the time. I've even told her my celebrity crushes (not a single woman, all men). And we watched the VMAs together - she didn't even care about Beyoncé's performance while I was in awe of the Queen.
    Anyway, I recently broke up with my girlfriend for a number of reasons, but a big reason is because I'm finding myself slowly being more open about my feelings for men - whether people notice and think I'm joking or not. My ex is devastated because I "broke her heart" and, don't get me wrong, I did have some feelings for her. But, as I mentioned, I'm showing my interest in men a little more.
    Basically, I'm asking for advice on anything and everything. Should I come out if I'm not even 100 percent sure that I want to be with men for the rest of my life? Should I tell my ex about my feelings? What should I do???

-Derek

2. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry man you don't have to label yourself one thing or another. Girls are cute but guys can be hot too :grin:

3. DaVinciPrincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    !

Don't come out as anything if you're not ready (especially if you're not sure!)

In the terms of describing liking men in all ways and women only sexually: There are lots of people who are bisexual homoromantic (where they could like both genders sexually, but the same gender both romantically/sexually). That's a possibility. But, alas, I can't tell you your sexuality. You could be curious, you could be pan, you could be bi, you could be gay, etc. I don't know you like you know yourself!

Once again, don't feel like you need to do anything if you're not ready or comfortable. Explore your feelings and get to know you.

4. derek994

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    And what is pansexual?

5. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol don't worry about that crazy stuff man, and cool pic btw. Being bi or gay leaning is more common than some people think, you aren't necessarily completely gay maybe you just haven't found the right girl yet :slight_smile:

6. derek994

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all