1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Befriending other queers?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Pluie, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Pluie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just dropped my horrible online English Lit course to take History, and the guy who sits behind me in my class is gay. Except we're both in the closet. And he doesn't know that I know that he's gay. (The girl I'm dating used to hang out with him, she told me, and tbh I think everyone knows. He's pretty camp)

I've talked to him a few times before. We both used to write for the student newspaper before they lost the funding, and we do have some common interests and friends. He seems like someone I'd like to be friends with, but I really don't know him that well. At the moment I'm dating the only other queer person I get along with (it's a small town), so I'd really like to have more IRL friends who understand the things that I'm going through. Our school has nothing resembling a GSA, not even a drama club, which makes it that much harder to make queer friends.

I'm horribly introverted and, as I mentioned, in the closet. And quite bad at making friends. Are there any good ways of dropping hints to this guy that I'm also homo while I'm trying to become better acquainted with him?

2. Really

You: Hi Linus. Marcie and I are going to the mall on Saturday. Do you want to come? Maybe bring a friend?
    Him: Thanks Peppermint Patty but I don't have a friend.
    You: Well, maybe the three of us like-minded friends can figure out someone for you. If you'd like. Here. Let's shake on it. (See my rainbow bracelet?)

3. WannaBeMe

Pretty head on. It's a good idea.
    :eusa_clap

4. Pluie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You know what though, that really is a novel idea. :grin: