1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sepina, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are mice in our house and everytime we think we've taken care of them THEY COME BACK!!!!!. Its so fucking annoying. I've killed many by hand (I hate mice) I'm sorry if that offends anyone.. But I really need help with these things. They're really REALLY annoying

2. TheStormInside

Um, wow, I guess it does offend a bit that you're killing the little critters, but I do understand the frustration. What's your living situation like? I'd suggest keeping all of your food in plastic bins and keeping the kitchen as pristine as possible so there's nothing for them to go for. You can get humane traps and mice will eventually make their way in if you put something tempting for them in there (such as peanut butter, I've caught a couple this way) then release the bugger out to a field or woods somewhere. If you can figure out where they are coming from that would be best, as then you could try to seal it up so they don't keep returning. You might try waiting up at night when they are most active and quietly observing to see where they appear and disappear to. I had some getting in behind my stove somehow, which I couldn't do anything about because it was a rental place, but after I caught a couple and kept he kitchen super clean the issue was resolved.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

0. Jump to point 5.
    1. Get a cat.
    2. Get a crate full of those ultrasonic pest repellent sticks and stick them in a ceremonial circle of death and destruction!
    3. Catch a mouse... leave it in a cage to starve to death, repeat 2-3 times so other mice would get the idea.
    4. Get a dog (like a cat, but less worthless and not a jerk who only uses you for food).
    5. Call the exterminators.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can always use them for scientific experiments...just kidding!

I like the idea of humane traps, and yes, put any food you have in plastic containers. They will soon enough go elsewhere if they can't find anything to eat.

Or, get a cat (the little devils)

5. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I don't know what kind of building you are in, about 6 years ago we had a lot of mice get in, until I realized that where the cable enters the apartment was literally a hole in the wall, open to grassy fields. I just stuffed the hole with steel wool and taped a plastic disc over it. We literally haven't seen another mouse in 5 years.

6. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a cat about 3 years ago I tried getting her to kill the mice, instead I saw it snacking on a cricket

---------- Post added 26th Sep 2014 at 03:59 AM ----------

We have a 4 bedroom house. They always seem to scurry about my room, and make scratching noises under the bed.. I get scared and sleep with my holy water. I've seen too many ghost-related things Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: