1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Between a rock and a hard place

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Orion3406, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Orion3406

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So hey guys. I really don't know how to talk to the general public about my problems but here it goes. I have developed a gianormus (I butchered that word so bad auto correct couldn't fix it) crush this week on a guy I've known since sophomore year (2 years back) but haven't talked to since except for the occasional 'hey!'. We now have the same first period together, we've really only talked between us two once this year, and I don't really know whther he is at all gay or not. I cannot stop thinking about the guy, I've even taken to drawing him (i'm a half decent artist) on random papers and the occasional heart. All I know is that he is rather quite, plays football, and seems to like me a good bit. (not the way I like him). I don't know why really, maybe its because I was nice to him in our history class yet I was at the top of the class grade wise and he was at the bottom. And honestly I don't know why I am falling for him! He's definitely not the brightest which is a little below my standards but he isn't a moron either. I have never felt so enamored before, mostly because I am only coming out about my sexuality this year, and I'm still transitioning to being open. I want to ask him out but I don't have a clue about what to do (other than not to just ask out of the blue, I know that won't work well with most). Any one have any useful advice please?

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best advice is that you try to get to know him a little better. At the moment you know very little about him, other than he's quite cute and plays football. That's not a lot to go on really, is it? It's very easy to fall for a pretty face, cute smile and fit body, but what about the real person? If you spend some time getting to know him you could find that he really is a nice, genuine guy who you'd like to spend more time with, but you could also find that he is quite a horrible person who you'd rather avoid.

Before you ask him out you need to do a bit of 'work' in getting to know him and trying to build up a rapport. Unless you do this, there is no way forward and no way of discovering his true feelings (sexual orientation) I'm afraid.

Try to reign in this crush a little bit and keep your feet planted firmly on the ground. I'm worried that you are getting carried away with it all right now and you may end up getting hurt.

3. Orion3406

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I wouldn't try to move that quickly. But yeah, you're right, I think I'm getting caught up in my own emotions. Thanks. \\m//_

4. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah lol I find that it's better to be good friends with a guy instead of pressuring them into a relationship others might judge you and the other person for. I mean there's a serious possibility you could ruin that friendship right there. Who knows, maybe you'll become close enough that he's comfortable with it :grin: